Investing in stocks and bonds is now easier than ever. Gone are the days when you had to make an appointment with your stockbroker who would charge you a high fee if you wanted to buy stocks.
Now, thanks to technological advances, you can start investing in the comfort of your own home without moving an inch. It has become possible thanks to services like Robinhood. Recently, users ask: Why Is My Robinhood Account Restricted?
Read on to learn more about this app, its services, and account restriction policies, which are slightly gaining ground. This query is gaining popularity in the United States where this service is located.
What is Robinhood?
Robinhood is a financial services company that compels users to invest in stocks and funds and does not charge any commission. It offers its services through a website and mobile application, available for all major platforms and operating systems.
Robinhood launched a mobile app in 2015. It has also gained popularity as it enables users to invest in cryptocurrencies.
Why Is My Robinhood Account Restricted?
There are several reasons why your Robinhood account may be restricted. We have thoroughly reviewed the US Account Restriction Policy and will list our findings below. Please refer to it for relevant information:
• Each declared person controlling the company will have a limited account. The controlling person in the company is a high-ranking official in the company and enjoys a lot of power. The app reports compliance as the reason for this limitation.
• This limitation will be raised when you declare that you are no longer a controlling person for any company.
• Why Is My Robinhood Account Restricted? Your account will be restricted if it contains incorrect information or if any fraudulent activity is detected.
• Also restricts accounts that contain outdated information.
• When a restriction is placed on your account, you will not be able to buy any stocks or cryptocurrencies.
• The restriction may be temporary, for 90 days or longer.
• Contact customer service to find out more about the limitations or if you want to improve them.
How did users react to the restriction of their accounts?
Restricted users are mixed. Why is my Why Is My Robinhood Account Restricted? We mentioned this above.
Some users say Robinhood is not a reliable brokerage service and serious investors should look for something else. Other users have argued that the best choice is to close the account if it has been restricted. Some users are dissatisfied with the company’s trading hours.
Limiting your Robinhood account can lead to various complications. It is recommended that you contact customer service to find out about the restriction and to resolve it. We have provided all the relevant information above.
Are you using the Robinhood app? Has your account ever been restricted? Why Is My Robinhood Account Restricted? We have provided this information above. Let us know what you think about this app and its restriction policy in the comments box below.