Are you frustrated because your Netgear extender isn’t connecting to the WiFi router? If the answer is yes, then don’t worry. You have come to the right place in search of a solution.
With the help of this article, I’ll guide you in getting rid of the Netgear AC1200 extender not connecting to the router issue in a jiffy. A little contribution is required from your side too. All you need to do is, walk carefully through the below-given troubleshooting tips. Let me repeat, ‘carefully’. Trust me, once you are done reading about the solutions here to resolve the issue, you’ll surely thank me.
So, without any further ado, let’s get started, shall we?
Reasons Why Your Extender Is Not Connecting to the Router
First, I’ll make you familiar with the reasons why your Netgear AC1200 extender isn’t connecting to the router. The reason being, if you’ll know about the factors causing the issue, you’ll be able to resolve it in an efficient manner.
- Partial Netgear AC1200 Setup
- You haven’t placed your extender at the right location
- Loose and damaged wired connections
- Your extender isn’t properly plugged in
- Your Netgear WiFi router is faulty
Now that you’re aware of the contributing reasons leading to the extender not connecting to the router issue, you are ready to take the next step.
Lets’ proceed further and learn about the solutions to resolve the issue.
Solutions to Fix Extender Is Not Connecting to the Router Issue
- Get the Basics In Place
Before you jump onto the advanced troubleshooting tips, let’s see whether you can get rid of the issue by getting the basics cleared.
- Ensure that the hardware of your Netgear AC1200 extender isn’t faulty.
- Place your extender and router next to each other.
- Keep your WiFi device far away from electronic devices and reflexive surfaces.
- Your extender as well as the router should receive a fluctuation-free power supply.
If the basic troubleshooting tips weren’t of help to you, then it’s time that you proceed to the advanced ones.
Advanced Troubleshooting Tips
- Power Cycle Your WiFi Device
Sometimes, performing a simple restart is enough to resolve the technical glitches. Perhaps, that’s exactly what you need to do in this case.
Here are the steps you need to follow to connect your AC1200 extender to the WiFi router:
- Unplug your extender from the socket.
- After waiting for a few minutes, plug it back into the socket.
- Don’t forget to press the Power button on your extender.
- Update Your Netgear Extender
If restarting your WiFi device didn’t work, then it looks like that it needs another solution. Well, I have the perfect one inside the box – firmware update.
Follow the instructions given below to update the firmware of your Netgear AC1200 extender:
- Log into your WiFi extender by accessing mywifiext local.
- Then, click on the Settings option.
- Go to Administration > Firmware Update.
And you are done! Although updating your AC1200 extender will resolve the issue, on the off chance if it doesn’t, then reset your device.
- Perform a Factory Reset
Restoring your Netgear AC1200 extender to its factory default settings is another solution to get rid of the extender not connecting to the router issue.
In order to reset your WiFi device, go through the steps outlined below:
- Look for the Reset button on your extender.
- Once found, take an oil pin and press the button.
- Wait for a few minutes for the changes to get executed.
Note: If you’ve performed Netgear N300 setup, then also you can make use of these tips to get rid of the extender not connecting to the router issue.