Have you heard about the platform for fundraising GoFundMe? Have you thought about GoFundMe to raise money? Are you interested in learning more about the site and its owners? If so, you should check out the blog post.
GoFundMe is among the most popular fundraisers for profit. The world’s population, especially Canada and in the United States and Australia are eager to know about this platform as well as the current owners. In this article we’ll discuss the platform for fundraising GoFundMe and Who owns Gofundme..
What is GoFundMe?
GoFundMe is a crowdfunding and crowdfunding platform for profit that is based within the US. It allows users all over the globe to raise money for various important life events such as graduations and celebrations as well as difficult situations like illnesses and accidents.
From 2010 to the beginning of 2020, over 9 billion dollars were raised via GoFundMe. GoFundMe platform. The funds came from over 120 million global donors. GoFundMe is located in Redwood City, California, with subsidiaries located in San Diego & Dublin and operations in Germany, Spain, Italy, France, and the UK.
Before we know Who owns Gofundme Let’s look at the way it functions.
How Does the GoFundMe Platform Work?
GoFundMe is a simple way for groups, individuals and companies to raise money. According to their official web platform, users must follow three actions to raise and get money. Below, we have discussed the steps:
- Start your fundraising First, they must set the purpose of their fundraiser, describe why they’re seeking the money and include a photo or a video for greater security.
- Share the news with family and friends People must share and promote their fundraising efforts via texts, emails or social networking.
- Control the donation – Finally, accept the donations and then withdraw the funds when you thank donors.
Who Owns Gofundme ?
Andrew Ballester & Brad Damphousse Brad Damphousse and Andrew Ballester founded CreateAFund at San Diego, California, in 2008. The fund later was later developed into GoFundMe in the year 2010 through the pair.
In the year 2015, Andrew Ballester & Brad Damphousse The company was sold to Technology Crossover and Accel Partner. The duo sold what had started as a small fund-raiser at an astounding $300 million.
In the year 2017, CrowdRise purchased GoFundMe. Presently, GoFundMe is one of the top fundraising platforms in the world and is owned and operated by CrowdRise.
The current top executive team at GoFundMe includes the CEO Tim Cadogan, President Juan Benitez and CMO Musa Tariq.
Now we are aware of who owns Gofundme let’s talk about the most popular fundraising events.
Top 10 list of GoFundMe fundraising events:
- $45.1 Million America’s Food Fund
- 25 million we Build Wall (refunded)
- $24.2 Million It’s Up Defense Legal Fund
- $14.7 Million The official Memorial George FloydFund
- $11.5 million – Humboldt Broncos Funds
- $11.8 Million — Las Vegas Victims Fund
- $10.1 Million $ Douglas Stoneman Victims Fund
- $8.2 Million $ Frontline Responder Fund
- $7.8 Million The Pulse Support for Shooting Victims
- $7.5 million – COVID-19 Navajo Hopi Families Relief Fund
GoFundMe is the leader of the fundraising ladder. The service for fundraising is completely free however, GoFundMe accepts a portion of the donations.
This article on Who owns Gofundme was helpful and informative to you? If yes, leave a comment on your experience with GoFundMe fundraising services , or any comments regarding the platform.