If you ever want to access the mywifiext setup page or make changes to the extender’s settings, you need the default Netgear extender IP address. But what if you don’t have the extender’s IP address? Need not to worry! This article will help you on how to locate your find your Netgear extender IP address will ease. Let’s delve in!
What is IP Address?
The IP (Internet Protocol) address is a number assigned to each (wired or wireless) device that is connected over a computer network. The IP address is required for communication between your devices.
There are 2 IP addresses your Netgear WiFi extender can use. They are:
- Private IP address – Talking about this IP, it is used to communicate to LANs (Local area networks).
- Public IP address – With this IP address, you can connect your extender to the outer networks.
How to Find Netgear Extender IP Address?
The IP address can easily be found on your Netgear extender manual.
Apart from that, you can also find the Netgear extender IP address using the prompt command. Here’s how to do so:
- Have access to PC or laptop.
- Click on the Start Menu.
- Type cmd in the search box.
- Press the Enter key.
- A black and white window will open.
- Here you have to type ipconfig /all and press enter.
- The result will be displayed on the same page.
Once found, you can:
- Access your Netgear extender
- Change the settings
- Modify the username and password without any hassle
To do so:
- Right off the bat, plug in your Netgear extender. Wait for 2-3 minutes for the power LED on your extender to lit green.
- Then, grab an Ethernet cable.
- Connect your Netgear extender to your router.
- Make sure that your router and Netgear extender are getting adequate power supply.
- Open any WiFi-enabled device (PC, laptop or smartphone).
- Connect it to Netgear_ext.
- Enter 192.168.1.250 in the address bar. This the default IP address of your Netgear WiFi range extender.
- Hit the Enter key.
- You will be logged into your Netgear WiFi range extender.
If you still can’t access your Netgear extender or change its settings, try a few troubleshooting tips given below.
- Update and reset your web browser.
- Clear browsing history from your internet browser as well.
- Keep your Netgear extender in reach of your WiFi router.
- Do not use the browser’s search bar for entering the Netgear extender IP address.
- Cross-check the IP address after entering it and prior to hitting the Enter key.
- Restart your WiFi-enabled device.
- Power cycle your Netgear extender and router.
Once you’re done with the aforementioned Netgear extender troubleshooting tips, try accessing your extender via IP address again.
You can also access your Netgear extender, set it up or change its settings via www.mywifiext.net web address.
Still the Same?
Still can’t make the most of your Netgear extender after applying the troubleshooting steps highlighted above as aka.ms/remoteconnect? Worry not! Try resetting your Netgear extender. Consider this as the last resort!
To reset Netgear extender:
- Disconnect it from your main router and also from your connected WiFi-enabled devices.
- Do not disconnect your Netgear extender from the wall socket.
- Post that, locate the Netgear extender reset hole.
- Once found, push it using a thin and pointed object.
- Hole the reset hole and release it.
- Kudos! Your Netgear extender has been reset successfully. Now, you have to perform Netgear WiFi extender setup process again using www.mywifiext.net of the default IP address.
We hope that now you can access your Netgear extender using the IP address? If the issue still persists, immediately contact our technical experts via comments.