Family planning is different for different couples. Some of you (couples) have success in your planning and you become parents of a child. However, some of you have to struggle and wait a lot for having success in your plan or becoming parents. Your family members or well-wishers may advise you to see the best fertility doctor in Bangalore or local city after knowing your concerns. 

Before you make any decision and book your appointment with a respective doctor, you should have an idea on when you should see a fertility specialist. Here are some points to make you comprehend the importance of your consultation with a fertility specialist:

You had unprotected and timed physical intimacies for more than 12 months but no conception 

On an average, 5-6 months are enough time to conceive for a couple. In your 20s or early 30s, having timed and unprotected frequent sexual intercourse can make you start your parenthood journey. You should try for more than a year if you are over 35. 

Your age is over 35 

Your age plays a crucial role in your family expansion plan. In your 20s, you (females) are highly fertile and have a higher chance of becoming pregnant. Your fertility starts having a decline as you get over 30 and it has a sharp fall after 35. You with your partner immediately see a fertility specialist when you are over 35 and don’t conceive through your efforts for more than 12 months.  

You have had more than 2 miscarriages in a row 

A misscarriage is a condition of losing pregnancy within 20 weeks of your conception. Most miscarriages occur due to the presence of wrong chromosomes in the sperm or egg. Wrong chromosome numbers affect the development of fertilised eggs. Further, miscarriages happen due to structural defects in eggs or no proper implantation of an egg in the femal’s uterus. Book an appointment with a fertility doctor if you have faced more than 2 miscarriages continuously.     

Your male partner has penile erection issues

To conceive naturally, the sperm ejaculation in your vagina is essential. It happens when your male partner has a firm erection in his penis and keeps it maintained for a while during the unprotected physical intimacy with you. If you notice that he has no erection in his penis or fails to maintain his penile erection during sexual activities, you should take your partner to an urologist, andologist, or sexologist to treat his penile erection issues. 

You notice you have no, irregular, or heavy periods

Any issues in your menstrual cycle can make you have problems in conception or pregnancy plan. No, irregular, or heavy periods are some of those issues obstructing you from being pregnant. Have a look at it:

  • No period means you have no ovulation  
  • Irregular periods mean your reproductive organs have wrong hormone signals due to ovulation disorders
  • Heavy periods can make you change your pads frequently, bleed for more than 7 days, or pass blood clots of abnormal sizes. You may have this condition due to uterine fibroids or endometriosis  
  • Bleeding between periods or after just having physical intimacy mean you might have a cervical lesion, fibroid, or uterine polyp

You or your partner had STIs (sexually transmitted infections)    

Previously acknowledged as STDs (sexually transmitted diseases), STIs occur to males and females via sexual contact. They cause infections and inflammation on/around your genital organs or in your body. You (females) can have scrs in your fallopian tubes and the scars prevent the meeting between your eggs and your male partner’s sperm. STIs may cause your male partner to have recurrent infections that can affect the functionality, count, or motility of his sperm.   

You have chronic health problems 

A healthy pregnancy is possible when you are completely healthy and fit. Your overall health affects your reproductive health and can create complications in your pregnancy if you have any chronic health problems like diabetes, heart issues, hypertension, thyroid problems, cancer, and genetic disorders. 


Family expansion plan after your marriage is the one most of you do. You should hesitate to meet a fertility specialist when you notice that your efforts to have a child are not fruitful or bring positive results.