Arborist ropes are designed especially for tree surgeons and professional tree climbers. Thus, these ropes must have the ability to withstand the friction that occurs in climbing trees. Moreover, these ropes should be flexible and durable.
As tree climbing is an adventurous pursuit, experts recommend replacing climbing ropes every year for your safety and protection. Also called a static line or a climbing line, arborist rope has the minimal stretching ability to support you for climbing trees.
Here is what you need to know about arborist ropes. Let’s get started.
First things first, which is the best rope for tree work?
- All arborists come with their own methods of good equipment for tree work, but here are some points to keep in mind while selecting rope.
- Static lines are the ropes that are required to climb a tree safely. These ropes offer limited stretch. That is why they are best for tree work as they prevent you from bouncing, thereby preserving your energy.
- Many experts also recommend using 24-strand lines as they come in different diameter sizes and have a strong construction. Whatever thickness you require will depend upon your needs. Let us tell you that the thicker option is more comfortable when it comes to gripping, but it is also heavier.
- To prune or to take down a full tree or its individual limbs, you will need to have a rigging rope.
- While choosing any rope for the tree work, ensure that you are selecting the rope for rigging or climbing. You cannot interchange the two terms. Besides their price and appearance, they are made of different materials and only suitable for the work which is intended for them. Also, pay attention to the color of the rope. Choose the bright line. It will stand out among the foliage so that anyone can spot it easily and capture it in time of need.
What is the best rope for outdoor use?
Nylon – Nylon rope is suitable if you have to pull heavy items for weight-bearing. It shows considerable stretching power but does not work well in water. Nylon rope does not get abrased. This is the reason why people usually use it to make pulley systems.
Polyester rope – Polyester rope is a heavy-duty option that is popular for rigging and marine operations. It is chemical resistant and shows strength even when wet.
Lets’ find out the advantages of nylon and polyester ropes.
Advantages of nylon rope –
- Nylon rope shows high strength and high stretch factor.
- It is apt for shock absorption and dynamic load applications.
- It is resistant to UV rays, mildew, and rot.
Advantages of Polyester rope –
- It is UV-resistant and water-resistant.
- It is robust and durable.
- It is very affordable.
To sum it up
If you are going to start tree climbing and have some adventure in your life, do not compromise with the quality of the ropes. The right quality of the rope is vital for your safety and protection. Hence, choose the right one and have fun.