“I was having trouble in downloading large files, streaming videos, and watching movies online. Got recommended by a friend that I should perform mywifiext setup to get rid of my internet-related problems. So, I did. However, what was the whole point of setting up an extender in my home when my iPhone won’t connect to it? My internet situation is far worse than before! What the hell should I do?”
Facing issues while trying to connect your iPhone with the Netgear WiFi extender? Well, we feel your pain! That is why we’ve mentioned one of the topmost fixes in this article to help you resolve the issue. So, waste no more time, read on and find out how to connect your iPhone to the range extender without any hassle.
How to Connect Your iPhone to the Netgear WiFi Extender?
Before jumping to the troubleshooting tips directly, let’s first take a glance at how to connect your iPhone to the extender properly. Chances are that you might have messed up a little during the process due to which you’re facing issues now. Thus, carefully follow the instructions mentioned below to connect your iPhone to the wireless network of the extender:
- Unlock your mobile device and head over to the Settings option.
- Enable the WiFi option and tap on the Search icon.
- Once you find your extender’s network, enter the default network password.
- Now, connect your iPhone to the Netgear WiFi range extender.
Hopefully, the aforementioned tips will help you in connecting your iPhone to the WiFi extender. On the off chance, if the issue persists, walk through the troubleshooting tips given below.
Troubleshooting: iPhone Not Connecting to Netgear Extender
Perform Netgear Firmware Update
One of the major reasons why your iPhone isn’t connecting to the extender is an outdated firmware. Therefore, make sure that you update the firmware of your WiFi device by accessing mywifiext.net before jumping onto assumptions.
Mentioned below are the steps that you need to follow in order to update your WiFi extender:
- Connect the Netgear extender to the WiFi router.
- Open up a web browser on your computer.
- Access the Netgear extender setup page and go to Settings.
- Click on the Firmware Update button and follow the on-screen instructions.
If you want to update the extender by using your phone, access the mywifiext local web page.
Scan Your iPhone
Another major reason why your iPhone isn’t connecting to the extender is because it isn’t virus-free. Viruses and other malicious software can harm your mobile device, thereby stopping it from functioning well and connecting to other devices like the Netgear extender.
To troubleshoot this issue, it is recommended that you perform a virus scan on your iPhone. If any virus is found, install an antivirus application and get rid of the issue immediately.
Relocate the Netgear Extender
Sometimes, unwanted interference in the WiFi signals of your extender can cause a lot of fuss. Therefore, it is important that you change the location of your Netgear WiFi extender. Otherwise, you’ll also end up facing issues while trying to access mywifiext.
Consider the points mentioned below while relocating your Netgear WiFi range extender:
- Make sure that your extender is placed within the range of the WiFi router.
- Keep your Netgear extender away from electronic devices like cordless phones, washing machines, baby monitors, treadmills, televisions, microwave ovens, refrigerators, and much more.
- Also, do not place your extender near wooden furniture or reflexive surfaces like mirrors and fish tanks.
By following the aforementioned troubleshooting tips, you’ll be able to connect your iPhone to the Netgear WiFi range extender.