The first thing you need is a work authorization or exercising a type of trade that does not require permission. The Citizenship and Immigration Canada C&IC page has a lot of information; I recommend that you visit it and familiarize yourself with the knowledge that exists there.

As I have received several questions about what it takes to work in Canada, I will try to put the basics of the topic in this article.

There are three 3 ways you can legally work in Canada:

1. with a Permanent Resident Visa

This may be the most protracted and most expensive route, but it can also be the most convenient if you want to leave your country and take root in this cold soil. The issue seems complicated, as many people ask me, “where do I start?” Again, the best place to find out is the Canadian Government’s website.

Although it sounds silly, many people believe that they can take a plane to get to Canada arvig webmail and settle here without further ado. Others think that the tourist visa allows them to live here as residents. Being a tourist and being a permanent resident are two different things.

When we talk about a permanent residence, we are talking about a permit obtained through an immigration process in which the interested person applies for a permanent resident visa to the Canadian authorities, that is, he asks the Government to permit him to be able to come to settle in Canada, that way you will enjoy certain benefits and fulfill certain obligations.

The governmental authority to which the visa application “is applied” or is made may be Federal or Provincial. In a process before the Federal Government, the application process is managed before the Canadian Government as a whole before Canada. In contrast, in a Provincial application, the process is done directly with the Provincial Government since one of them is autonomous. And establishes its selection criteria.

The main difference is that once the “filter” of the Provincial Government has passed, that is, once the Provincial Government says “yes” we want you here … you must obtain authorization from the Federal Government. Of course, supposedly that Federal evaluation should be more expeditious since the Provincial Government has already done much of the work and has authorized you.

Honestly, I do not think that if the Provincial Government approves you to establish yourself in that province, then the Federal Government will throw everything back. At least I haven’t heard of a case. I imagine it may happen, I am not an expert in immigration to Canada, but my logic tells me that it is unlikely; at least there must be a good reason for you to fail the Federal Government.

Anyway, without going into immigration much, you have to know that if you become a permanent resident, you will have the authorization to work in Canada.

So roughly, from the government structure, there are two plans: the Federal and the Provincial. These branches into various options… It is best to look at the embassy site to learn more.

2. You apply for a temporary work permit.

The second way is through a temporary work permit. This permit must be requested from the Canadian Government and can be requested from outside Canada, from within Canada or just when you enter Canada.

To apply from outside Canada jcpenney credit card login, you need, among other things, an offer from a Canadian employer, medical exams, the application, the employer will need a document called Labor Market Opinion in some cases this is not necessary, etc. There are more details and requirements, so I suggest you visit the official page.

To apply from within Canada, you need, among other things, a job offer, and certain conditions are required to be in place.

They can be any of these four conditions:

1 That you, your spouse or one of your parents have a study permit or work permit,

2 That you have a license for one job and want to apply for another,

3 If you have a permanent resident visa that is valid for six months and finally

4 If you are in Canada and have already applied for a permanent residence visa from Canada. There are other requirements, visit the Citizenship and Immigration Canada C&IC page for more details and above all to keep the information up to date.

This is important:

  • If you have a permit to work for company a, you cannot suddenly work for company B … but you have to apply for a work permit for company B.
  • If you are coming as a tourist, you cannot apply for a work permit. I recommend you visit the page so that you are well informed in this regard.
  • The temporary permit application process is carried out in conjunction with the employer.
  • If you want to work in the province of Québec, you must obtain authorization to work temporarily in Québec. In this case, visit the Immigration and Comminutes Cultureless Québec page.

There is also a so-called “Special Category” that has its eligibility requirements and may not require a work permit, or those permits may be approved more quickly. You should consult the immigration page to be informed of the latest changes in this matter.

There is much more information; I do not intend to duplicate here that already exists in each of the official sites. Remember, you can read this little summary. However, it is best to go to the source.

3. You exercise a type of job or profession that does not require a work permit. At the time of writing this article, the list has the following categories:

Athletes and coaches, air crash or incident investigators, business visitors, civil aviation inspectors, clergy, convention organizers, crew members, emergency service providers, military personnel, entertainers, etc. I recommend you visit the official page for a complete list.

There is a way that I have seen how colleagues have gotten a job, and it is this… they came with a student visa I have colleagues who studied at the University of Ottawa and Carleton University as part of the race they had to do, which is known in Latin-America as internships… in the end, they are offered work. They stay with a work permit this would be like option 2 I mentioned above and then apply for a permanent resident visa.

Well, that was basically what I wanted to comment on as an initial entry in Canadian Blog, where now I will focus more on issues related to working in Canada.