Climbing the world’s highest mountain, Mt. Everest is the lifetime goal of every adventurers in the world. Those who cannot summit the top, trek to the base camp to see the mighty Everest right in front of the eye.
Everest Base Camp Trek, Why is It so Popular?
Everest Base Camp trek is a 14 day trekking package that takes you from Kathmandu, Nepal to the base camp of the world’s highest mountain, Mt. Everest. However, the highest point a trekker reaches with the EBC Trekking is 5,644 m, i.e. in Kala Patthar. This is a multi-day adventure trek that showcases the beautiful views of the world’s highest mountains such as Mt. Everest, Lhotse, and Cho Oyo etc.
Along with the amazing scenarios, it gives a chance to live a mountain life, visit high altitude monasteries, and get insights of Sherpa culture, taste mountain foods and walk along the Sagarmatha National Park. Likewise, The amazing mountain glaciers, high altitude rivers, suspension bridges and many more are the best things that makes Mt. Everest trekking more popular among the adventure lovers. Apart from this, it allows us to walk on the foothills of the great mountaineers who summited the Mt. Everest.
Most popular Itinerary of the trek to the Everest Base Camp
There are many travel itineraries which the trekkers use to trek to the base camo of the world’s highest mountain. Some of the popular itineraries are the 14 days Everest Base Camp Itinerary, Gokyo Lake Trekking Itinerary, Chola Pass, EBC and Gokyo trekking itinerary, Everest Three Passes Trekking and Everest Base Camp Helicopter Return Trek. Among these, the most widespread one is the EBC Trek Itinerary. Here’s the outline itinerary for the trek
- Day 01: Arrival at Kathmandu in Tribhuvan International Airport
- Day 02 Flight to Lukla and start trekking to Phakding (2652m/8699ft) Walking Duration 3 hours
- Day 03 Phakding to Namche Bazaar (3440m/11283Ft) Duration 6 hours
- Day 4 Acclimatization Day – Hike to Everest View Hotel (3,962 m /12995 ft.) Walking Distance – 3 to 4 km, Duration: 3 to 4 Hours
- Day 5 Trek to Tengboche (3860m/12680Ft) Walking Distance – 10 to 11 Km Duration 5 hours
- Day 06: Tengboche to Dingboche (4410m/14464ft) Walking Distance – 11 to 12 km, Duration: 5 hours
- Day 07: Acclimatization Day- Hike to Nagerjun hill and return: Walking Distance – 5 to 6 km, Duration: 4 to 5 hours
- Day 08: Dingboche to Lobuche (4910m/16105ft) Walking Distance – 11 to 12 km, Duration: 5 hours
- Day 09: Lobuche to Gorakshep (5181m/16990ft) – Everest Base Camp (5364m/17594ft) and back to Gorakshep, Walking Distance – 14 to 15 km, Duration- 8 hours
- Day 10 Gorakshep – Kala Patthar (5545m/11283ft) then trek back to Pheriche (4210m/13810ft) Walking Distance – 13 to 14 km, Duration – 7 hours
- Day 11: Pheriche to Namche (3440m/11283) Walking Distance – 14 to 15 km, Duration- 7 hours
- Day 12: Namche to Lukla (2800m/9184ft) Walking Distance – 18 to 19 km, Duration – 7 hours
- Day 13 Fly back from Lukla to Kathmandu
- Day 14: Farewell and Departure
In the end,
Trekking to the Mt. Everest is a life time opportunity for travelers who seek extreme adventure in their life. Each year the base camp receives thousands of tourists walking towards Mt. Everest. It’s a different feeling staying at the center surrounded by the high mountains, glaciers and snows everywhere. Thus, people travel to the Mt. Everest just to live that moment and tell other the stories of the mountains.
Heaven Himalaya, a local trekking company is helping tourists fulfill their Everest dream for years. If you also want to witness the pleasing Everest, do contact them.