India witnesses a number of festivals and occasions throughout the year. Every festival is celebrated with great gusto and enthusiasm. Food is the most favorite part of all occasions. A celebration is always incomplete without the tasty and traditional food. Desserts add sweetness to the joyful celebrations. So, just like rituals, traditional food is also an important part of the events. It is a true saying that, ‘A hungry person is always an angry person’. So, food is equally important for festivities also. The tasty and delicious desserts help in enhancing memories. Festivals are ‘cheat days’ where you just get indulged in the sweetness and aroma of the mouth-watering homemade snacks and desserts.
Rakshabandhan is a festival that celebrates the love between siblings. The siblings vow to protect each other from any evil on this day. Apart from the traditional family gatherings, beautiful rakhis, stunning dresses, and happy pictures, appetizing and flavorful food and desserts are a major part of the festival. And, personally my most favorite part! Forget the diet and get indulged in the taste and sweetness of these traditional food ideas for Rakshabandhan. If you are worried because of the guests arriving at your house and you are clueless about what to prepare, then this blog is for you. But for ordering rakhis, you just have to order them from Blooms Villa which also offers the facility ofsurprise with flowers delivery in Ludhiana. We have beautiful rakhi for bhaiya-bhabhi. Here are some of the delicious and quick food preparation ideas for Rakshabandhan that will leave everyone craving for more.
1. Chole Bhature/ Chole Kulche- Get your cousin squad ready for the appetizing plate of spicy and oily Chole Bhature or Chole Kulche. Forget your diet and for a day satisfy your taste buds. I usually start craving for this long before this joyful festival approaches. This is simple to prepare and is also the heart-winning meal, with the spicy and tasty aroma of the chole. You can opt for bhatura which is hot and crispy or kulcha which can be stuffed with potato or paneer filling and these kulchas are easily available in the market.
2. Shahi Tukda- Huh! I’m actually craving for this. Just like its name, this dessert is rich in taste and always leaves our taste buds wanting more. Shahi Tukda is rich, creamy, and is garnished with chopped almonds. It is my ultimate favorite dessert. Though it is also rich in calories, let us not forget that this is our ‘cheat day’. This is simple and easy to prepare, and add sweetness to your joyful day.
3. Veg Dum Biryani- Aha! This Hyderabadi Veg Dum Biryani is a great savory dish to satisfy your longing for a spicy twist. This recipe is simple and quick to make. You can add a ‘shahi’ twist to the regular pulao by adding saffron, fried paneer, roasted dry fruits, and all the spices and vegetables. Give them a smoky effect by cooking all the ingredients in the presence of steam. This is indeed a super tasty dish to serve on this happy occasion.
4. Kheer/ Sheera- It is the most popular traditional dessert of all Indian festivals. This sweet delicacy is sure to cheer up anyone’s mood and make your day filled with sweet and refreshing memories. Kheer or Sheera (just like Halwa) is very much overrated. But its sweetness and fragrance deserve to be. This appetizing dish is rich and creamy, it is sweet and has a pleasant fragrance, and it is garnished with nuts and dry fruits.
5. Sev Puri/ Tandoori Paneer Tikka- Sev Puri or Tandoori Paneer Tikka is here to enhance your starters’ plate. Spicy Sev Puri will give everyone the amazing feels of street food. This lip-smacking starter will make your guests for the day lick their fingers. Paneer marinated in the mouth-watering Tandoori mixture and made crispy with spicy chutney and healthy vegetables. It will be truly a drool-worthy starter.
6. Gulab Jamun- The most drool-worthy and mouth-watering dessert that can be easily made at home. These soft and sugary balls are sure to win everyone’s hearts. This dessert melts in mouth and is literally everyone’s favorite of all time. It takes a little time to prepare this sweet delicacy, but its taste is surely worth it.
7. Mango Sharbat/ Rose Sharbat- Apart from the starters, main course and the desserts, some drinks can also be prepared for the welcoming of the guests to stay cool. This is just refreshing and it is also very easy to prepare. This summer delight guarantees to cheer up everyone’s mood and light up the festival.
These were some of the suggestions of the luscious and delicious food and desserts that you can easily prepare at home for Rakshabandhan family gatherings. You can also make Rajma Chawal, Malai Kofta, Shahi Paneer, Strawberry Milkshake, Dal Pakwan, Ladoo, and so on. For buying rakhis, you can order cake online in Delhi from Blooms Villa which offers beautiful rakhi for bhaiya-bhabhi.
So, have a foodie Rakshabandhan!