Hair transplantation, generally known as hair restoration surgery, is a surgical procedure that involves transplanting hair strands from a hair-rich area of the body (referred to as a donor area) to a hairless area of the head (recipient area).
It is a non-invasive surgery performed using a regional anesthetic that is most commonly used to treat male baldness. However, it can also be used to repair eyebrows, eyelashes, and facial hair, as well as to cover scars. The process typically takes approximately four to eight hours, based on the number of grafts necessary.
Regardless of the numerous reasons for hair loss, heredity is the most typical, especially among men. The most common cause of baldness in males is hereditary hair loss as they age.
What Is Involved in the Procedure?
We shed an average of 100 hairs per day, but they are quickly replaced by new hairs developing at the same time. Depending on what’s causing it, hair loss can start quickly or gradually, and it might impact the scalp or the entire body. Other possible reasons for hair loss include:
- Due to physical or emotional trauma, many individuals may suffer from hair thinning for a few months. This sort of hair loss, nevertheless, is just temporary.
- Traction alopecia can be caused by hairstyles and treatments that pull on your hair, such as high ponytails, braids, or dreadlocks. Permanent hair treatments and hot oil therapies can potentially cause hair loss since they inflame the hair follicles. If scarring is present, hair loss could be permanent.
- In women, hormonal changes caused by pregnancy, delivery, menopause, or thyroid disorders can result in temporary or permanent hair loss. In terms of medical disorders, hair loss can be caused by alopecia, scalp infections such as ringworm, or trichotillomania, a hair-pulling disorder.
Sudden hair loss could also be a symptom of a medical issue that requires care. If you notice greater than typical hair loss while brushing or washing your hair, or if you see a sudden uneven loss of hair, you should see your doctor.
A hair transplant is a frequent treatment for those who have baldness due to aging or genetic reasons. However, if you are fully bald and have no hair remaining, this type of procedure may not be appropriate for you because you will not have enough donor hair to give.
A hair transplant surgery employs two main techniques:
- Follicular Unit Transplantation (FUT) – tissue strips will be extracted from your donor location and chopped into individual follicular units. Small cuts will be performed on your scalp to install the follicular unit grafts. This approach is dwindling in popularity.
- Individual hair follicles will be taken directly from your donor area and transported to your recipient spot utilizing a sophisticated microsurgical needle. Because it does not create a vertical scar at the back of the head, FUE is now the recommended procedure for hair transplants.
A thoroughly qualified technician performs the procedures, which typically require the evacuation of 3,000 to 4,000 grafts. Anything more, and it will almost certainly necessitate two different sittings.
How Long Do I Need to Stay in Albania for a Hair Transplant?
Hair transplants are typically performed on an outpatient basis. As a result, you will be capable of returning to your hotel right away. Hair transplant treatments using either method typically take 4-8 hours to finish. Since there are no sutures or clips to eliminate with the FUE method, you won’t linger in Albania for long after the procedure; just give yourself a day or two to be sure before flying home.
Expect to return to the clinic the day following the treatment so that the doctor can release the bandage, evaluate the sites of intake and transplanting of follicles, and rinse your hair using a unique technique that you will learn to conduct on your own. Lastly, the doctor will give you a specific shampoo to help heal your skin.
How Long Does Hair Transplant Recovery Take in Albania?
Your scalp will be affected by the pain for a few days, and you ought to continue to take the medications given by the doctor. Antibiotics may be used in addition to pain medicines and anti-inflammatory medications to lower the risk of infection, however, this is uncommon.
You should be capable of returning to work and your normal schedule, including exercise, after 5 days. The proof of a hair transplant, on the other hand, will endure for at least additional 2-3 weeks, following which the transplanted hair may start falling out – but do not even worry! Because you recently had a follicle removal, damaged hair will be replaced by new hair in the next weeks and months.
If the normal person’s hair grows at only a centimeter each month, it will be a while before you’re able to wear your hair long afterward. You can expect short and regular hair within 4-6 weeks of the procedure.
In Albania, what kind of follow-up is needed for hair transplant procedures?
Following the treatment, you will be given anti-swelling medicine and pain relievers, as well as several basics to get you through the next few days. Special shampoo, lotion, multivitamins, a special cap, a headband, a neck pillow, and wound dressing are all possible post-op products.
In conjunction with your post-op aftercare items, you may be given Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) Therapy to help stimulate the hair follicles and promote hair growth. This is when a little amount of plasma-rich blood is drawn and injected into the Site Of implantation.
How successful are hair transplant procedures in Albania?
Hair transplants have one of the greatest success rates, at 98%, and are often regarded as the only successful treatment for hair loss. Scar tissue is the most prevalent side effect, however, it is only seen with FUT. Diseases, transient loss of sensation in surgery regions, hair follicle inflammation (folliculitis), temporary scalp discomfort, stinging, and inflammation are all possible risks and side effects.
Are There Any Alternatives to Hair Transplantation?
One approach to a hair transplant is laser therapy. A low-power laser instrument will be utilized during this surgery to treat hair loss caused by genetics. This moderate laser with a frequency of 650 nanometers has the potential to stimulate hair growth. However, the long-term effects of this strategy are uncertain.
PRP Therapy is yet another option to consider. This procedure will use your blood to stimulate hair growth. A centrifuge will spin your blood to separate the plasma component from the red and white blood cells. As plasma is infused into the scalp, it contains many growth factors that promote hair growth.
Other non-surgical options include merely shaving all of your hair off, experimenting with different haircuts, or wearing a wig or hairpiece.
How Do FUT and FUE Differ?
Follicular Unit Transplant (FUT) and Follicular Unit Extraction (FUE) are the two most commonly used techniques:
- FUT (Follicular Unit Strip Surgery), known otherwise as FUSS (Follicular Unit Strip Surgery) involves the removal of a patch of skin from the rear of the head containing multiple hair follicles, which is then stitched up and hidden by the surrounding hair. The follicular patch is then divided into 500-2,000 tiny grafts with just a few hairs each. These are then placed in the bald area of the head.
- FUE does not require the excision of a layer of skin; rather, hair follicles are taken out from the donor site and put in microscopic incisions created by a blade or needle all through the hairless area.
Top 4 hair transplant clinics in Tirana
Let us now get to the essence of this entire article. Which are Tirana’s top four hair transplant clinics?
- Advanced Hair Transplant Clinic facility is a competent clinic in Tirana’s core that specializes in hair transplantation. They ensure a complete alteration in the patient’s appearance by using novel methods and sophisticated technology for hair loss in conjunction with the great surgical abilities of their professionals.
Advanced Hair Transplant Clinic has performed several hair transplants and hair treatments, with astonishing outcomes. Their primary goal is to provide patients with the highest level of care and successful outcomes.
Their professionals are the greatest in their field, with 15 years of expertise and they ensure that you will have a natural look and that your hair will never fall out again.
- Medical Tourism in Albania provides high-quality treatments available to everyone. Medical tourism in Albania is the result of hard effort and devotion. Their clinic was created by two dreamers to assist everyone reach the appearance of their dreams. The best expertise and the most recent technological breakthroughs are combined to give a comprehensive range of dental, medical, and cosmetic procedures to meet the needs of every patient. They believe that everyone should be able to enhance their health to have a better life. That is why they are committed to this endeavor.
- Dental & Beauty is a brand-new facility in the center of Tirana. They are experts in five areas of medicine: dental treatment, cosmetic surgery, hair transplantation, esthetic medicine, and assisted reproduction. They consistently use current and innovative facilities to obtain the greatest possible results. The materials utilized in the therapies they provide are recognized and of excellent quality, and their concentration is on the patient’s health and well-being. The Dental & Beauty team consists of highly experienced physicians with worldwide credentials. They are well-versed in cutting-edge surgical and dental treatments to ensure that the aim is always met.
- Hair transplants and treatments are performed using cutting-edge technology at Vatanmed Clinic. To ensure client happiness, Vatanmed Clinic has a human-oriented pricing policy. Vatanmed Clinic uses cutting-edge technology and sanitary standards have international renown and provides high-quality services to guests from all over the world.