One of the most customer-focused and popular telecom provider companies in India is Airtel. In a country with almost a billion people, it provides services such as prepaid and postpaid connection, fixed-line broadband, and DTH services. One of the best parts about Airtel services is that they have been designed keeping in mind the customer insights that Airtel has gathered over the past decades. The telco is especially known for its attractive prepaid packages and Airtel prepaid validity plans. The Airtel prepaid plans range from being pocket friendly with the bare minimum services to the enhanced services for power users. In order to design the packages meeting the diverse needs of the different sectors of the user, the Airtel prepaid plans have been categorized according to the various categories. Here are the broad categories which are used by Airtel.
- Truly Unlimited Plans: Characterized by the unlimited Local, STD, and Roaming calls that are included with all of these plans, they are a perfect fit for customers who do not want to spend additional money on talk time. These plans are perfect for users who make a lot of calls each month and do not have to risk running out of talk time. The plans under this category start from just INR 19 with unlimited calls for 2 days and 200 MB data. It also has plans with a validity of 24 days, 28 days, 56 days, 84 days, and even 365 days. These plans are among the most popular plans since they come with a combination of unlimited calls, daily SMS, daily data, as well as offers such as OTT app subscriptions, Shaw Academy courses for a year, SMARTag cashback, and Hellotunes. This means that the customers do not need to spend any extra amount on getting additional data packs or SMS.
- Smart Recharge: This is the category that has some special recharges that act as a rate cutter to reduce the tariff that comes as a default with the prepaid connection. These packs provide some smart benefits to have an effect on the default tariff of the prepaid connection. Currently, there are only 3 plans under this category. The most economic of these plans start at just INR 45 which reduces the local and STD calls to 2.5 p/sec, with a validity of 28 days. SMS can be sent at Local@ Re. 1, and STD@ Re 1.5. INR 49 recharge also comes under the Smart Recharge category with a validity of 28 days and 100 MB data. The customers also get the talk time of INR 38.52 as well as 100 MB data. The other recharge under the category is INR 79, which provides Local, STD, and Landline calls at 60p/minute along with 200 MB data and INR 64 talk time.
- Data Top-Up: These are very useful for customers who have taken a longer validity plan with unlimited calls and only need the data top-ups in between to keep going. The first data top-up under this category is INR 48 which provides 3 GB data valid for 28 days. Apart from this INR 401 plan also comes under this category which provides 30 GB data with a validity of 28 days, as well as a Disney+ Hotstar VIP subscription for one year worth INR 399.
- Talktime Recharges: Talktime recharges are some of the most important recharges for prepaid customers which helps them make calls to various numbers. The talktime recharges start from as low as INR 10 and then have INR 20, 100, 500, 1000, and 5000 top-up amounts. The best thing about these recharges is that there is no validity period and therefore the talktime does not expire.
- International Roaming Packs: The final category of Prepaid recharges come under the International roaming recharges that can be used, as the name suggests, to activate the international roaming packs for a particular country. The packages start from INR 496 which provides 1-day validity with unlimited incoming, 500 MB internet, Local/India calls 100 min, and 100 SMS. The pack is valid in countries Bangladesh, Bhutan, Myanmar, Nepal, and Sri Lanka. The same benefits can be received for countries UAE, Saudi Arabia, Oman, Kuwait, Bahrain, Qatar, Iran, Iraq, Russia, and many more for the amount of INR 648. The top pack in this category is INR 6999, and it provides 500 minutes of incoming calls, 5 GB data, 500 minutes of Local/India calls, and 100 SMS all with 30 days validity. The pack is valid in countries Nigeria, South Africa, Kenya, Uganda, Zambia & more countries. For the international roaming packs, the customer can go to the international roaming page of Airtel and find the exact list of countries before purchasing the respective pack.
All of these Airtel prepaid packs provide the prepaid customers all the tools needed to customize their pack as much as they want. For the easy selection of packs as well as on the go recharges, the customers can download and use the Airtel Thanks App and get all the information regarding their Airtel prepaid account in place.