Investing in the stock market can be a scary thing. And, trust us, you are not alone. Individuals with minimal knowledge of the share market are terrified of the stories of investors losing 50% of their money. But, on the contrary, the stock market is an expressway that leads you to ample wealth creation. Furthermore, it becomes a cakewalk with sheer perseverance if you have the right set of knowledge and know where to apply your skills practically.
Now, you can learn about the stock market basics through books, pdfs, online courses and webinars as well. Stock market webinars serve as a great source of knowledge where experts teach you how to trade in the stock market by sharing their own stories. They guide you through the process and also what skills to apply, when and where.
Hence, in this article, we will walk you through the basics of the stock market and stock market trading. Moreover, we will also tell you how share market webinars are a boon in this technologically forward society.
What is a stock market?
A stock market is a centralized collection of exchanges and other facilities for purchasing, selling, and issuing shares of publicly held companies. The financial activities are conducted through stock exchanges or over-the-counter or OTC markets. The two primary stock exchanges in India are the National Stock Exchange (NSE) and the Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE).
In the stock market, the following are the fundamental financial instruments traded:
- Shares or stocks: A stock is a financial instrument representing ownership in an organization or corporation plus a proportional claim on its assets (what it owns) and profits (what it generates). Stock ownership refers to ownership of a portion of a company equal to the number of shares held in relation to the total number of outstanding shares in the company.
- Bonds: It is a fixed-income instrument representing a loan by an investor to a borrower. Bonds are issued by organizations, municipalities, sovereign governments and states for financing projects and operations.
- Derivatives: Derivatives are instruments whose values are derived from underlying assets, such as commodities, bonds, precious metals, stocks, currency, stocks indices, and the like. The primary derivatives are Futures, Options, Swaps, and Forwards.
- Mutual Funds: It can be referred to as a financial vehicle inclusive of a pool of money that are collected from investors for investing in securities like bonds, stocks, money market instruments, and other financial assets.
Stock trading for beginners
Want to begin your journey in the stock market; then you have to follow the following steps to get started:
- Demat account: For trading in the stock market, you need to have a demat account. A demat account is just like your bank account, but this one is chiefly used for stock trading. The stocks you purchase are electronically maintained in the demat account.
- Understanding stock quotes: To ace in the stock market, you have to be vigilant. Stay updated on stock market news, learn new aspects on technical and fundamental analysis, and enhance your knowledge. By understanding all these factors, you can correctly decide the right to enter and exit the market.
- Bids and asks: The bid price is the maximum price you are willing to pay for a stock, and the ask price represents the minimum price at which the seller is ready to sell the stock. For ensuring a profitable trade, it is crucial to decide the right bid and ask price.
- Knowledge of fundamental and technical analysis: You can create a successful trading plan only when you conduct fundamental and technical analysis of a stock. The fundamental analysis measures the intrinsic value of a stock by analysing earnings, expenses, and the like. Technical analysis evaluates stocks through volume and past prices for predicting the stock’s potential future. A comprehensive understanding of both these topics is crucial for trading. Topics such as moving averages, RSI, candlestick need to be understood methodically. Finance webinars are true saviours as they bring forth the latest methods for employing in your trading game. Remember that the stock market is not stagnant. It keeps on changing, and you have to keep yourself updated for successful trading.
- Stop the loss: For beginners, it is important to understand how to stop the losses as volatility is an implicit characteristic of the market. While you are executing a trade, for minimising the losses, you need to set a stop loss price. Failure to do that will damage your capital heavily.
- Ask an expert: Expert suggestions are always welcome. Why not? The stock market is unpredictable and a suggestion from a stock market expert is a bonanza. Experts through stock market webinars push you in the right direction and mentor you to make the right choices.
You cannot find experts and their golden tricks and suggestions everywhere. So, where can you exactly find them? It’s the stock trading webinars they conduct on various online sites. Now, Elearnmarkets, is one such excellent e-learning portal where you will find stock market giants hosting webinars on a myriad of stock trading topics. You get to learn their tricks, interact with them, and get guided in the right path. Elearnmarkets has a plethora of webinars and you are welcome to explore them. You can easily and quickly learn stock trading techniques through webinars on technical analysis, fundamental analysis, Bollinger bands, futures and options scalping techniques, intraday trading, moving averages strategy and much more. You have to just head over to their e-learning portal and explore the surfeit of options. Attend the webinars by market experts and learn about stock market in a trice.
How are investing webinars fruitful?
- Convenience: The webinars are convenient to attend. You can attend them at your leisure, sitting on your couch. If the webinars are recorded, then voila! You can watch them at any time and learn the requisite skills.
- Wider audience: They reach a wider audience. If you are attending a live webinar, then not only you get to interact and clear your doubts from the expert but also listen to what other traders like you have to say.
- Cost-effective: If enrolling in a course is financially cumbersome for you, then you can simply enrol to a webinar. They are cheaper and quite fun to learn from.
- Relevant topics: Webinars can deliver relevant, timely information faster than in-person seminars, which can take months to plan. At Elearnmarkets, webinars on hot topics such as scalping in nifty, identifying low-risk long setups in stock options, and objective trading and investment using noiseless charts are hosted.
Stock market webinars are the need of the hour. If you want to learn about the fundamentals of stock market and stock market trading, then webinars are the affordable and innovative way to learn.