If you look at the numbers of Shell, the multi-national gas company, it will be obvious that it is one of the largest, most respected, oldest, and most trusted companies in the world. Scammers are fond of using these names to trick users and steal sensitive information and money. Another example of such scams is the Shell130th Anniversary.
This scam is now being spread across many countries, particularly the Philippines. You can learn more about this scam and its operation, as well as how to protect yourself. We will also provide all the relevant information.
Shell: What is it?
Shell is a British/Dutch-Dutch energy company that has operations in many countries. Its full name, the Royal Dutch Shell, is located in the Netherlands. The company is also incorporated in the UK. It’s one the world’s largest oil and gas companies.
Information about the Shell 130th Anniversary Scam
- Shell is not the only victim. This scam also involves the use of the names and addresses of established companies to fool people in the Philippines, and other places.
- Shell claims it has organized a party to celebrate its 130th birthday, where users can win $1,000.
- Click on the link to register for this event.
- You’ll be redirected to a page claiming you have won rewards after clicking the button.
- It will ask for you to share the plan with your friends via social media platforms or by text in order to claim the reward.
- To receive the reward, you will be asked to provide personal details such as your name, address, and phone number.
- It will rush you to do these tasks and set a time limit to claim awards. This is a common trap that many users fall for.
- It will claim that it will deliver the reward within 7 to 10 days.
What do you do if this Scam is thrown at you?
- Do not respond to these emails or texts, and don’t click on any suspicious hyperlinks.
- You should not provide sensitive information, such as banking details and personal details, to a website you do not trust.
- Inadvertently entering these details on the Shell 130th anniversary scam website should be reported immediately to the authorities. Also, inform your bank.
- Avoid falling for scams by taking preventive measures. You should also be aware of your unique characteristics which can help you distinguish between legitimate and fraudulent websites.
- Shell is not responsible if you are injured by a scam using Shell’s name.
One scam that claims to reward the 130th anniversary for Shell multinational gas company is gaining popularity. This scam is not real. The related information is provided above.
Have you come across this Shell130th Anniversary scam via social media? We’d love to hear your opinions on this scam.