Did you know 72% of people who own voice-activated speakers use these devices as part of their daily routine? E-Commerce has altered how consumers shop, and the number of transactions on the internet is rising quickly. Voice search is undoubtedly the rage these days as one of the eCommerce trends that is growing the fastest. You cannot afford to miss out on it if you own an eCommerce business. Voice-enabled searches are prevalent and widely used for online purchasing, taking things a step further and making digital shopping easier. Virtual assistants like Alexa from Amazon, Siri from Apple, Bixby from Samsung, Google Assistant from Google, and Cortana from Microsoft are just a few examples of amazing platforms that are incredibly popular with voice searches. You can now order groceries, call a taxi, play music, and access any information you require using voice search.
The Significance of Voice Search in E-Commerce
The rise in voice search can be a game-changer for the market. By the end of this year, half of the internet searches will happen with the help of voice search. Overlooking voice search for eCommerce can mean losing out on the obvious opportunity. Surprisingly, many marketers haven’t paid much attention to this growing trend.
- Personalized Shopping Experience
By using recommendations based on user choices, voice search customizes the purchasing experiences. For instance, if a consumer orders their daily necessities from AmazonFresh using Alexa, the voice assistant may provide suggestions for products that fit their diet based on their preferences for the device. Additionally, voice search can simplify the operation for the user if an order needs to be repeated.
- Easy to Review
It has been difficult for businesses to gather reviews, but with voice search, customers can easily share their opinions. Reviews are more sincere and significant due to how simple and convenient they are to write, which benefits the product and its various other clients. Voice assistants ask for specific inquiries and ratings instead of the time-consuming chore of inputting lengthy feedback without the trouble of needing to log in.
Voice search is quick and effective when it comes to typing a query. The average person types at the speed of around 30 to 35 words per minute, whereas a voice search can let you process close to 100 words per minute. Hence, voice search empowers you to communicate fast and obtain results more swiftly, which is an exciting feature for most users. With voice search, you can also shop on the go while being engaged in another activity, such as cooking or driving.
- Enables Smart Shopping
The purpose of voice search features is to efficiently use machine learning and artificial intelligence in addition to voice. As a result, the speech feature is now intelligent enough to record your shopping history and behavior. For instance, the voice assistant can recommend and remind you about things that were previously in your basket but aren’t on the current list when you’re shopping for your weekly groceries online. Additionally, brands stand to gain greatly from this.
How to Best Optimize Your E-Commerce Store for Voice Search
- Realign Your Business with SEO Strategy
Did the reflexive question “Why SEO?” occur to you? This isn’t a blog post, is it?
Of course, we aren’t blogging, but in order to draw customers to our doors, we need to rank highly.
And one of the valuable assets you can do for your website is to optimize your SEO approach. Voice SEO boosts search rankings and increases the searchability of your company.
Here are a few “whys” and “hows.”
- The reason is Voice queries are more conversational and longer than usual “typing” search queries. While the user is “talking” to the search engine than writing down the requirement.
- The global digital experience agencies focus on “instant gratification,” and voice searches also work on the same.
- Prioritize the Right Keywords
As we read above, it is crucial to provide users with search results that are answer-focused to gain their trust. The right keyword creation and use are essential when optimizing for voice searches.
Here are some pointers and tricks for developing keywords when voice search is being optimized:
- Question Keywords: Instead of phrases, questions make up the majority of voice searches. Because voice searches allow for “talking,” this is the reason. Therefore, a user would ask Google, “Okay, Where is the drugstore near me?” if he needed to discover the closest pharmacy. While he tends to type “pharmacy near me” while typing the same thing. These are the trigger words that you need to be very aware of. The general trigger phrases that are frequently used are “how, what, best, where, top, free, new, who, when, why, types, do, etc.,” and your site needs to be appropriately optimized.
- Long-Tail Keywords: Long-tail keywords are less competitive because they receive less search traffic. Long-tail keywords are avoided by consumers when typing; nevertheless, contextual long-tail keywords are frequently employed with voice searches. So, they ought to be used to their full potential.
- Natural and Conversational: It’s crucial to make the material entirely natural and conversational if you want to garner more impressions. People like to use this identical language when conducting voice searches online because they usually use it in conversation.
- Structure Your Content with a Detailed FAQ Page:
Including the FAQ page in the crucial elements of voice search optimization for the eCommerce store may seem odd. But let’s be honest; we have occasionally turned to FAQs to help us sort out our perplexity.
As a result, many eCommerce websites still make redundant use of FAQ sections.
By collecting all probable inquiries in one place, FAQ pages help websites save time. Developing content that addresses frequently asked questions is one of the finest ways to engage your audience.
FAQ sites boost sales by providing answers to basic questions and making information readily available, reducing potential skepticism before purchasing. Additionally, it improves the brand’s presence online on Google and other search engines.
The eCommerce industry’s continued expansion demonstrates that consumers’ preference for online shopping is a trend that will not go away. Although consumers like using the internet to research their options and make purchases without going to a store, the advent of voice search has completely changed how consumers shop.
According to statistics, voice commerce revenues will surpass $40 billion by the end of 2023. This illustrates how voice search will alter eCommerce in the future and open doors for online retailers. Therefore, companies must actively seek out voice search optimization to improve their rankings and strengthen their online presence.
SalesDuo is a one-stop solution to manage all aspects of the eCommerce business. This makes it easy for retail brands of all sizes to focus on what matters most while we help them set up, manage and grow their business on multiple marketplaces across various markets. For more information, visit salesduo.com.