The Red Velvet Cake Recipe is a classic recipe. A cake with multiple layers, it is usually a dark red or bright red color hence the name red velvet. A bit of history about the red velvet cake is that the groom’s cake in the 1989 film Steel Magnolias is a red velvet cake! Welcome on in. The whole purpose of this site is to share some of the world’s best-kept red velvet cake recipes.
A red velvet cake is best for every occasion, you can order it for your special ones on their birthday, anniversary. This cake is available in different flavors as well as in different designs such as heart shape, round shape, and more. You can also make this special cake at home or make an online order. For you, we are providing the recipe of this cake, so that you can feel the taste of this cake and try the bake it at home.
If you have any red velvet cake recipes to share, please get in touch with me. What I want to know is a bit of background about why and how you came to love the red velvet cake and where did you get your recipe from? Did your grandma get it from her family and so it was passed on down the generations? Does it remind you of a wedding, or of your childhood? I hope that we can share all our experiences and your very own red velvet cake recipe for the next person to enjoy.
Check more, Kolkata Caterers
Here’s a recipe straight off the press:
- 1 cup of buttermilk
- 1 and a half teaspoons of baking soda
- 2 tablespoons of cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons of red food coloring which gives the cake the red color
- 1 tablespoon of white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 2 and a 1/4 cups of flour
- 12 tablespoons of unsalted softened butter
- 1 and a 1/2 cups of sugar
Now the ingredients for the frosting
- 16 ounces of cream cheese which is softened and cut into eight pieces
- 1 and a 1/2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
- 16 tablespoons of unsalted softened butter
- 4 cups of sugar
- 1 pinch of salt
1. Pre-heat the oven to 350F. Now grease and flour two 9″ pans using cooking spray.
2. Whisk the flour, baking soda, and pinch of salt together in a separate bowl.
3. Whisk the buttermilk, white vinegar, vanilla extract, and two large eggs in another smaller bowl.
4. Whisk the cocoa powder and the red food coloring together in another bowl until you get a creamy consistency.
5. Mix the butter and sugar using an electric mixer. Set the mixer on medium speed. The consistency should be fluffy.
6. Whisk 1/3 of the flour mixture and 1/2 of the egg mixture together using the electric mixer.
7. Now during this mixing process, add 1/2 of the remaining flour mixture and the egg mixture to this mix. Set the mixer on a medium to high speed.
8. Now add the coloring mixture and mix well.
9. Using the two 9″ pans, pour the mixture in.
10. Bake for 25 minutes.
Instructions to make the frosting:
10. Using the electric mixer, mix the sugar and 2 sticks of softened butter. Consistency should be creamy.
11. Now while this is being mixed, add 16 ounces of cream cheese.
12. Now add the vanilla extract and pinch of salt. Continue mixing for another 30 seconds.
13. Put this into the fridge until the cake is ready.
14. When the cake is ready, turn it over and put it on a cake plate.
15. Spread evenly 2 cups of icing on top of the cake.
16. To make the second layer, put the second cake on top of the frosted cake.
17. Finally put the remaining frosting on top of the second layer. Spread evenly.
If you’re not sure of any of these instructions, have a look at the new designer and customized cake collection for every occasion. For your birthday, anniversaries, or any occasion, order the best cakes at the best prices and opt for the services of online cake delivery in Jaipur. If it’s your child’s birthday then you can order the cartoon theme cakes like Motu patlu cake, shinchan cake, princess cake, and many more. They would be really happy and always remember their special day. For making the day exclusively unique, Order the cakes with flower bouquets, chocolate boxes, personalized gifts or gift hampers, and more. Get the midnight and early-morning delivery with delicious and fresh cakes. Make the celebration more special with the yummy cakes.