Windows computers come with a default audio driver for processing the audio. And Realtek HD audio driver is the most commonly used driver in the world. Since most Windows 10 computers come with Realtek HD Audio Drivers, you don’t have to install it separately. Sound drivers are used for controlling the sound on the windows platform and offer high-quality audio to your system through the sound card.
Realtek HD Audio Driver is one of the most used and jam packed with awesome features such as six-channel Digital to Analog Converter with 16, 20, 24-bit pulse code modulation in 5.1 audio channel. The Realtek HD audio driver also comes with an audio manager to manipulate and play with the settings. But sometimes things don’t work accordingly and users report some problems with the Realtek HD audio manager. The issues in Realtek HD Audio Manager are caused by the recent windows updates.
So, we will discuss the issues and ways to resolve them instantly in this post.
But before we go forward, you should create a restore point of your system to protect the data.
The best solution for any problem related to the Realtek HD audio manager is to download and reinstall a new one.
Download and Reinstall
To resolve the issues, you need to Download and Reinstall Realtek HD Audio Driver in Windows 10. We need to avoid installing two versions of the same driver, which is why it is necessary to uninstall the currently installed driver on the computer.
Follow the below-listed steps to uninstall the audio drivers in windows 10.
- Press the window button on the keyboard and search for ‘Device Manager’ and open it.
- Now, you have to look through the options and expand the ‘Sound, video, and game controllers’ option from the list.
- Now, find the ‘Realtek High Definition Audio’ option from the list.
- Double click on it to open properties and then select the Uninstall Device button to uninstall it.
- Then, you have to select the Uninstall button in the pop window to finish the process.
Once, you are done with this process, restart the system to remove the remaining files of the Realtek audio drivers.
Now, you have to manually download and install them on your device.
Realtek HD Audio Manager Download – follow these steps to download the audio drivers from the official website.
- Open your favorite web browser and navigate to the official Realtek website through URL.
- Now, click on the Downloads link to go to the download page.
- Then, you have to search for the ‘High Definition audio codes’ in the keyword section and the list of available downloads will appear in the results.
- Select an option that is compatible with your Windows 10 device and click on it.
- Once you click on the link, the download will automatically start.
You can proceed for the installation process once the file is downloaded on your computer.
- Open the download folder and locate the recently downloaded file and double click to open it.
- It will open the download wizard and you have to follow a few on-screen instructions to install the driver.
Once the driver is installed, search for the Realtek HD audio manager on the windows menu and open the software. Now, you will be able to play with the audio settings on your device and change it to the way you like it.
But, if you are still facing the problem in your computer, follow the below-listed methods to resolve them.
Realtek Audio Manager issues
Here are some things you can try to resolve the issues of the Realtek audio manager.
Startup Enable – Go to the startup section and enable it to open at startup.
- Open task manager by pressing Ctrl+Shift+Esc
- Then, click on the Startup tab from the top
- Search for the Realtek HD Audio Manager and right-click on it
- If the status is disabled, click on the Enable button from the popup menu
Update driver – You may have to update the driver on the system once again.
- Open Device Manager by searching for it on the start menu
- Now, expand the ‘Sound, video and game controllers’ option and look for the ‘Realtek High Definition Audio’
- Right-click on it and click on the Update driver from the popup menu.
- Then, click on the Search automatically for updated driver software option.
These are some additional ways to resolve the Realtek audio manager issue on your computer.
However, you can log on to getassist.net and learn more about this.