If the WiFi of your Netgear Orbi device is unstable, then know that you aren’t the only one facing the issue. Users all across the world are suffering because of the same issue. In fact, a few months back, my Netgear Orbi router was giving me a hard time too. To help the ones facing the same issue, I’ve written this article.
Here, I’ve mentioned some of the best troubleshooting steps that’ll help you in fixing the Netgear Orbi WiFi unstable issue. So, wait no more and read on.
Steps to Fix the Netgear Orbi WiFi Unstable Issue
When a number of devices are connected to the same WiFi channel as yours, then it’s pretty obvious that your WiFi will be unstable. Therefore, it is recommended that you perform Netgear Orbi login, access the Settings, and switch to a different WiFi channel to fix the issue.
Here’s how to do it:
- Grab a cable (Ethernet) and create a connection between your Orbi router and modem.
- Power on your PC and launch a web browser of your choice.
- Type orbilogin.com in the URL bar and press the Enter key on your keyboard.
- Enter the default admin details. Next, you will land on the Basic Home screen.
- Once you’ve successfully logged into your WiFi device, go to Settings > Wireless Settings > Admin WiFi Settings.
- If you are using 2.4 GHz, then switch to 5 GHz.
- Click on the Apply button and wait for your changes to get saved.
If switching to a different channel didn’t resolve the issue for you, then walk through the troubleshooting steps mentioned below. Hopefully, the below-given steps might work for you.
Resolved: Netgear Orbi WiFi Unstable Issue
Update the Firmware
Outdated firmware is one of the major reasons why the WiFi of your Netgear Orbi is unstable. Therefore, waste no time in performing Netgear Orbi firmware update. You can either access orbilogin.net to update your device or download the Netgear Orbi app. The choice lies in your hands.
- Netgear Firmware Update by Accessing Orbiloginnet
- Open up a web browser and log in to your Netgear Orbi device.
- Go to Advanced.
- Select the Administration option and click on Firmware Update.
- Netgear Firmware Update Using the Orbi App
- Unlock your phone and download the Netgear Orbi app.
- Then, create a Netgear account and fill in default admin details.
- Tap on Settings > Firmware Update.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to update the firmware of your device.
After updating the firmware of your Netgear Orbi device, check whether the WiFi is stable or not. If not, then don’t stop, keep reading. Chances are that the following troubleshooting steps might help you out!
Another reason that might be stopping your device from functioning well is the existence of electronic devices and transmitting appliances in the room. If your Netgear Orbi device is surrounded by such devices, you are bound to face technical issues. Thus, make sure that you keep your Orbi away from devices like microwave ovens, cordless phones, washing machines, baby monitors, Bluetooth speakers, refrigerators, etc.
Relocate Your Device
You might also face issues with your Netgear Orbi’s WiFi due to the wrong placement of the device. To troubleshoot this issue, position your Orbi device in the center-most location of your house. Place it on a higher surface rather than placing it near walls and corners. Also, DO NOT place your Orbi near reflexive surfaces and wooden furniture.
After following these troubleshooting steps, check whether the WiFi of your Orbi device is stable or not. If yes, then congratulations! Looks like our post worked wonders for you!