Windows are an integral part of any structure that is meant for human use. Window films have become common across nearly all commercial buildings for several reasons – including the look of the property, security, privacy, and energy efficiency. Many owners of residential buildings and houses also opt for adding that extra layer of security to their windows. Window films are used indoors too – either to add aesthetic appeal or to create private spaces where there are glass partitions.
According to the International Window Film Association:
- All window tinting service offer up to 99% ultraviolet (UV) light reduction which can mean reduced exposure to UV radiation which has been linked to cancer.
- Reduced exposure to UV radiation also protects your floors and soft furnishings from sun damage.
- Energy control films offer lower overall energy costs, lesser load on your HVAC systems, and decreased environmental emissions for your building.
- Safety and security films protect residential and commercial building from break-ins, explosions, vandalism, and other dangers.
Things to consider before installing window film
Whether you are a homeowner, property developer, or interior designer, there are several factors to consider when deciding to install window films, including:
- Purpose: The first thing you must look into is why you want to have window films installed – do you want to block glare and UV rays or is it more for privacy and security? You may have a combination of reasons for needing window films.
- Tint: The colour of the window film can vary, depending on its intended purpose. Knowing how dark or light you are willing to go, can affect the eventual aesthetic and budget of your project.
- Longevity: Good quality window films are meant to last at least 10 – 15 years. However, they need to be installed professionally to ensure longevity.
- Installation: Precise and professional installation will ensure you are getting the most out of your investment in window films. Ensuring the film fits your window perfectly and is adhered correctly is a critical part of this process. That is why Vancity Window Films only offers installation by 3M Certified technicians, so you can rest assured that your project is getting only the best.
The story behind Vancity Window Films
Sometimes knowing why a company was born can tell you what to expect. VanCity Window Films is a new venture powered by Vinyl Labs. Although the VanCity venture is new, it is an extension of a service that was already being offered by Vinyl Labs for over five years now. The company’s mission is to expand the current products and services already offered by Vinyl Labs but deliver the niche expertise and industry experience in window films expected by the high-end developers and property managers the company works with.
With over 15 years of window film industry experience within the team, VanCity Window Films already works with leading developers and builders in the Greater Vancouver Area and is now opening its services to meet the needs of commercial, industrial and residential businesses, including architects, construction managers, interior designers, design-build companies, and more in the area.
Window films offered:
Vancity Window Films offers an array of window films to suit your needs.
The security films offered protect your property by minimizing the risk of injury and reducing the chances of break-ins to strengthen your building envelope overall. The security films come in an optically clear finish, ensuring an invisible and seamless finish and block unwanted UV rays without changing the aesthetic of the building. You can also opt for tinted security film.
Security films are applied with an anchoring process that secures the window film to the frame with industrial-grade caulking to create the security barrier your building needs. Security films can also be used indoors to protect glass display cases in stores to protect precious merchandise like jewellery while still showing it off at its best.
Solar Window Films:
Solar films provide plenty of benefits. Apart from blocking harmful UV rays and protecting the inhabitants and furnishings of a building, they also help save on your energy costs and reduce glare on visual equipment like computer screens. Vancity Window Films offers solar window films in neutral tints, reflective, dual-reflective, UV Gard, and many more.
Privacy Window Films:
Privacy films work to provide privacy where discretion is key, both indoors and out. They also add a design aesthetic where needed without compromising on natural light. Privacy window films are available as frosted, perforated, or blackout window films at various opacity levels. Printed perforated vinyl films turn building, retail, and transit windows into valuable media spaces offering one-way privacy, one-way viewing, and solar shading. Vancity Window Films offers free design work with each purchase.
Custom Vinyl Printed Window Films:
With a strong background in custom designed vinyl, Vancity Window Films offers bespoke window film solutions that can be used for marketing and advertising material, increased privacy in storefronts and office spaces, or decorative design applications.
Residential and Interiors:
Aesthetic window films add a completely new dimension to your interior design without breaking the bank. Let your imagination run wild with unique materials that provide stunning visual effects or choose textile films for natural feel.
Superior service with Vancity Window Films
Vancity Window Films has the infrastructure and production capabilities to work on large scale operations along with experienced project managers with the industry-specific knowledge and custom workflows your project needs.
To provide the best possible experience, Vancity Window Films’ ethos is firmly rooted in four pillars of customer service:
Creativity: As leader, not a follower, Vancity is passionate about offering unique products that are customized for each client. From product to design, it is on the leading edge of all things window film.
Affordability: You don’t need to break the bank to achieve your window film goals. Competitive and affordable, the company works with budgets of all sizes to create packages that make sense for your business and maximize the impact of your investment.
Reliability: As a company that believes in long-standing relationships with its customers, the company takes great measures to ensure expectations are always met. The production team designs for impact, and the 3M Certified technicians install products to last.
Simplicity: There is beauty in simplicity and the team makes things easy for customers through the entire process – from design to installation. Vancity handles the logistics from end-to-end, so all you have to do is enjoy the effects of your bespoke window films.Get in touch with the team at Vancity Window Films to request a quote or to learn more about their products today!