Are you trying to access mywifiext.net to set up your Netgear extender? If so, then you may have received an error message “unable to connect to the site” or “you are not connected to extender’s WiFi network”. Fret not! Millions of Netgear users across the globe are facing the same issue. But you don’t have to worry! We’ve got you covered! This how-to post will save you from the hassle of mywifiext not working issue. Scroll down to read more!
What is Mywifiext.net?
Mywifiext is the local web address that is used to open the settings or your Netgear WiFi range extender. To access this without any hassle, your PC or laptop must be connected to your home WiFi network properly.
When you Experience Mywifiext not Working Error?
If your computer or laptop is not connected to your home WiFi network, you might see one of the error messages highlighted below:
- Internet Explorer and Microsoft Edge: “Page cannot be displayed” or “You are not connected to your WiFi network.”
- Google Chrome: “Unable to connect to the Internet”. “Google Chrome can’t display the webpage because your computer/ laptop is not connected to the internet.”
- Mozilla Firefox: “Server not found”. “Cannot find the server”.
- Safari: “Can’t find server at mywifiext”.
In the event if you see something else apart from the above-mentioned error messages, make sure that you entered the correct web address (without typos) in your web browser address bar field.
- Do not to use the browser’s search bar for accessing mywifiext web address.
Fix: Mywifiext.net Not Working Issue
- Bring your Netgear WiFi range extender into the same room as your main router. After the extender setup process is completed successfully and you have a working connection, you can move the Netgear device to its intended location.
- Make sure that your Netgear WiFi range extender is plugged into a working power source. If your extender is not receiving continuous power supply from its respective wall outlet, then it may not work properly, resulting in mywifiext not working issue.
- Ensure that the power LED on your Netgear device is lit. If not, restart the device once.
- Update your internet browser and also clear cache and browsing history in order to get redirected to mywifiext setup page without any hassle. If you still cannot access the web page, restart your device and opt for another browser.
- Connect your Netgear extender to the router via Ethernet cable.
- Assign your computer/ laptop a static IP address. Prior to make any changes in your network settings, it is suggested – note your current Default gateway (Windows) or Router (Mac) address.
If the above-mentioned troubleshooting steps doesn’t help you fix mywifiext not working issue, try a couple of solutions given below.
Power cycle your Netgear extender, router, including PC, laptop, mobile device, etc.
To restart or power cycle your devices, do the following:
- Unplug your devices from their power outlets.
- Wait for a short span of time.
- Then, plug in your devices again one by one.
- Open a web browser and try accessing the web address again.
For setting up Netgear extender, 192.168.1.250 can also be used as a URL. This is the default Netgear extender IP address.
Last but not the least! Reset your Netgear extender!
Resetting your Netgear extender back to default factory settings will fix big issues with your device. But after the reset process, you have to configure your Netgear extender again.
To reset your Netgear extender, all you have to do is to press and hold the reset hole with a pin or paper clip and release it. Your Netgear extender will be reset. Now, configure your Netgear extender again using mywifiext.net.
Did this post help you fix mywifiext .net not working issue? Share your feedback with us via comments.