Did you buy a Linksys WiFi range extender and want to know how to use it? Well, WiFi range extender’s are becoming the must-have device in the home and at the workplace. WiFi range extenders are used to extend the internet coverage of your existing home router, as it increases the range upto 2500 feet so that you can enjoy the internet connectivity throughout every footstep.
In this article, we will tell you about the Linksys extender setup process. Also, we will try to provide you with some master troubleshooting techniques that can resolve most of your issues. So stay with the article till the end.
Method for Linksys extender setup via extender.linksys.setup
There are two types of the extender setup process. To set up your Linksys WiFi range extender, you have to follow either one of the two setup processes.
- WiFi protected setup method (WPS)
- Manual method
Manual Linksys Extender Setup
The steps to set up the Linksys extender manually mentioned below:
- Please bring your Laptop or PC nearby your extender and connect it to the extender using an Ethernet cable.
- Now plug in both devices (PC and Range Extender) to an electrical outlet to turn them on.
- After that, open a web browser on your PC and visit extender.linksys.com.
- You will see a web page asking you to log in. Here you need to feed the credentials (username and password) and click on log in.
- After that, you will reach the extender.Linksys.Setup screen where you have to type the SSID of your existing WiFi router.
- Lastly, you have to select the manual option and turn off your extender for a while. Now, turn your Linksys WiFi extender on properly.
This way, you will experience a much better range of your WiFi signal through the range extender.
Linksys Extender Setup with WPS method
WPS (WiFi Protected Setup) is a technology that simplifies setting up a wireless WiFi connection. E.g. you do not have to manually select the network and enter the password on the mobile phone when connecting via WiFi. You need to pair both devices by activating the WPS function on both devices (item in the settings on the phone, button on the router). Alternatively, confirm the connection by entering the PIN set/listed on one of the devices.
Here are two methods to setup Linksys Extender using WPS:
Using WPS Button
To set up the Linksys extender using the WPS button, follow the steps below:
- First, you have to plug in your WiFi extender to an electrical outlet to provide it with power.
- Now, find the WPS button on your extender and hold it for some seconds until the WPS LED shows the Linksys extender setup status.
- If the WPS power light turns, then it means you have successfully configured your extender to the existing router.
- Just notice that after a few seconds, the LED light will turn to a Solid Green colour, which signifies that your WiFi Extender Setup is completed and ready to use.
Master Troubleshooting techniques to resolve Linksys extender issues.
- Keep your extender device away from the room corners.
- Also, try to keep your extender device away from concrete walls and electronic devices as they interfere with the network physically.
If you are still facing any issue regarding extender.linksys.com, let us know, and we will try to come up with the best solution possible.
Is this information valuable?