Grease stains can be a real pain. Such stains can ruin upholstery, carpets, clothes, car seats, and who knows what else. It’s terrible when you ruin your home’s interior with those unappealing patches. As and when they become old, they tend to seep in and stick to the fibers. Not just that but they welcome numerous harmful bacteria into your home.
It’s even worse if you are in a rental property. You don’t want to end up losing your security deposit over a few spills. Also, we know that grease, fresh or dried, can be tricky to deal with. Therefore, we have put together this fool-proof guide on how to treat grease stains immediately.
Things to Prepare Before Commencing the Sofa Stain Removal:
Before beginning the cleaning part, we will quickly list the things you will need. This way, you can make sure you have everything at hand that is required:
- Dish soap, preferably fairy, but any brand will do
- Kitchen roll or another type of absorbent paper
- Clean cloth for rinsing and drying
- Baking soda/talcum powder
- Soft scrubbing brush
- Diluted ammonia solvent
Method for Cleaning Dried Grease Stains from Your Upholstery:
Dried grease stains should be cleaned often as they can often go unnoticed. Particularly if you have kids and pets, you never know where they have managed to get their dirty legs and hands. Even though it can be difficult, worry not, here is the solution to cleaning carpets, couch cleaning Canberra, and restoring other fabrics:
- Minimize the stain and then remove as much of it as you can with dry, absorbent towels.
- Now it’s time to put on your baking soda. Spray a decent amount over the stain and leave it for an hour or so.
- Get a kitchen roll and hot soapy water mixture.
- Time to vacuum up the residue
- Now get some soapy, hot water and blot away with a clean towel and leave it to dry.
- There must only be light traces of the stain at this moment. Now it’s time to eradicate these traces by cracking out the solvent of ammonia.
- We suggest you take one tablespoon of household ammonia or any detergent you have and ¼ cup of warm water.
- Take a cloth and gently start blotting. If the fabric is not water-resistant, be careful not to soak the area or place.
- Now begin working the area with a scrubbing brush, applying small amounts of pressure. Be careful not to damage the textile.
- It must do the trick. Take a bowl full of clean water and a clean cloth to cleanse the area appropriately. Then take a dry towel to soak up as much of the excess moisture as possible.
How to Clean Fresh Grease Stains?
- If you catch the stain on time or as early as you can, get some paper towels. Blot up as much of the grease as possible, however, do not rub whatever you do. Leave a paper towel on the area for around 20 minutes.
- Now spray your talcum powder/ baking soda generously over the stain.
- Vacuum up your dry component and clear up the stains.
- Still, if you find traces of the stain, it’s time to get out the washing-up liquid. Squirt a smidgeon onto the spillage and use a damp cloth for staining.
- At the moment, rinse out the fabric and soak it dry by utilizing an absorbent towel. This will help in sofa stain protection in gold coast.
Do you need professional help?
Do not be discouraged or worried if neither of these procedures helped. Stains of grease can be stubborn at times. Worry not! We would be more than happy to deal with it for you. Our team of carpet cleaners, upholstery cleaners, and end-of-tenancy cleaners is just a phone call away.
Moreover, we provide free quotes over the phone and are available 24×7 at your service. Yes, which means we are also available during weekends and public holidays. So what are you waiting for? Hire us risk-free with our 100% Guarantee. In case, you’re not happy with our sofa cleaning Perth, our professionals will re-visit your location to solve the problems areas until you’re satisfied.
click here for more interesting articles