In this case, you do not need to do anything. When you open an Internet browser during the Netgear extender setup Smart Wizard automatically opens. All the procedure for the setup is performed by the Wizard itself. You just have to open a browser and relax. The setup will be finished in some minutes. If you want to use again the Setup Wizard then there are some steps for this thing. Follow the below mentioned steps.
1. Open the Netgear extender login Enter the login details and enter into the management panel of the extender.
2. A screen displays in front of you after you have selected the setup wizard.
3. You can now type the network name of your extender or you can choose it from the list of available networks.
4. Enter the password for your extender network and click on continue button after ensuring the correct name is displayed on the screen.
5. Click on the Finish button to close the window. Log out if you do not want to make more changes. Otherwise, do the necessary changes by selecting appropriate menu and then log out.
The setup is completed after you have done with all the steps.
How to manage and back up Netgear extender settings?
Suppose you have forgotten the password of your Netgear range extender setup then what will you does now? You want the same settings as were before. Either you have to do all the changes again or you can use the backup configuration settings document to restore the same settings. But this is possible if you know how to do the backup of the existing configuration settings.
So, we will now discuss here how to do this. Open the login page by accessing mywifiext .net Select the backup settings. The backup file will get stored on your computer as a document.
Back Up settings
Click on the backup and then configuration settings will get extracted automatically. A file will be saved on your computer. You can choose a name for the backup file and then click on save button to save that file. You can also choose the location for the file.
To restore, click on the browse button to browse the same file you have saved before. Click on restore button after selection. The process will start automatically and after few minutes, it will be done.
Meet your Netgear extender
We will now familiarize you with your Netgear extender. Most of the Netgear extenders have almost same structure.
Power On/Off button: This button is used to switch on your extender and turn it off. When you want to use your extender network, turn it on otherwise switch it off to save the electricity.
Reset button: This is basically a small hole used to reset the settings to factory default. This button is needed when you have forgotten the password for your network. After doing the reset, the default password can be used to open the configuration page of the Netgear extender.
Ethernet ports: These ports are used to make a wired connection or to connect various devices to the extender. Some devices can be connected to the extender network only through a wired connection.
Router Link LED: The status of the connection between the Router and extender is shown by this light. If the light is solid green then there is a solid connection and internet access is hassle free. To know more, get in touch.
Device Link LED: The status of the connection between the extender and various devices connected to the extended network is shown by this light. A solid green light indicates the best connection.
If you know something more about the Netgear extender or having confusion in the above points, take your doubt from our technicians. Just message us with your query through the live chat window provided.
Some of the issues mentioned below can be easily solved by our team. These are the issues that you get while configuring or setting up the extender for the first time.
net setup is not accessible. Either the web browser is showing a message of cannot be connected to the internet or connection timed out.
Netgear extender login window cannot be accessible through the IP address.
Netgear wifi extender setup page is not showing proper menu tabs.
After connecting the router and extender through a wired connection, you are not able to setup your Netgear range extender.
You are not able to find the login details that are username and password of your extender model.
You are not able to see the extender setup page after entering www.mywifiext.net in the address bar.
These are all the issues. You may encounter any other issue from those mentioned above. Not a problem, our technicians are that much capable that they can solve any type of query related to Netgear new extender setup.
Entering into the web interface and changing the wireless settings
To enter into the web interface of the extender, you have to enter either the web address or IP address of the extender into a web browser’s address bar. After that, enter the login details to open the setup page. Check that your device from which you are going to alter the wireless settings must be connected to the network of your extender.
1. Type mywifiext.net in the address bar of a browser window. You can use any of the latest browsers. Make sure to enter the web address into the address bar not in the search field.
2. In the coming window, enter the username and password. See the details on the product label of the extender. If you have changed the login details then use those to enter into the admin panel of the extender.
3. Go to wireless setup tab and type the new network name for your extender. And it is up to you if you want to have the same name for both the extender and the existing router.
4. Select the security type and enter a new password for the new network name. Click on the apply button to save the changes you have made.
If you are encountering any issue while the setup of the Netgear extender, in opening of the Netgear extender login window or any other issue related to Netgear extender then we are here to help you out. Drop your query as a message in the live chat window.