Now it’s time to extend the range of your existing wireless network with the Netgear EX6120 setup. WiFi rates of up to 1200 Mbps are available. Netgear AC1200 EX6120 has a compact style that will effortlessly merge into your home decor.The extender will work with any standard WiFi router. WiFi coverage and speed are improved throughout the house thanks to the external antenna.
Netgear Extender EX6120 Setup By Manual Method
Follow the steps below to setup Netgear extender EX6120 by manual method:
- Firstly power on your Netgear AC1200 EX6120.
- Place the WiFi repeater near your router.
- After that, plug in your booster to a power source.
- Wait until the Power LED turns green.
- On any web browser search mywifiext.net or 192.168.1.250.
- Now you can see the Netgear installation assistant on the screen.
- Follow the prompts to connect your extender to an existing WiFi network.
- Place your extender at the place having dead spots.
- If you have no connection, place the extender near to your router and try again until the LED gives green light.
- You can now join your client devices to the large WiFi network.
Netgear AC1200 EX6120 Setup By WPS Method
For Netgear AC1200 EX6120 setup by WPS, follow these steps:
- Connect the Netgear AC1200 EX6120 mesh extender to the power source.
- Make sure that your WiFi router and extender should be situated at the same location.
- Wait for the repeater’s Power LED to turn green.
- Hit the WPS button on your wifi range booster.
- Now press the WPS button on your AC1200 repeater.
- The connection between your router and repeater is good if the Netgear EX6120 Link Status LED glows solid green.
Note:If your router supports the 5 GHz band, the first time you press the WPS button, your extender will attempt to connect to the router’s 5 GHz band. If your extender fails to connect to the router’s 5 GHz band the first time, it could result in a plethora of issues.during the Netgear extender setup. You can contact our skilled technicians as soon as possible to resolve such issues..
- Place your extender at a new location.
- Now you can connect your other mobile devices like computers or mobile devices with the extended network. Your extender uses the same WiFi network settings as your router for its 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz enlarged networks.
That’s how you use the WPS method to finish your Netgear EX6120 setup. If you face any technical difficulties throughout the setup process, please contact our experts.
Netgear EX6120 AC1200 Firmware Update
Does your WiFi extender suddenly start acting strangely? Is it still not providing the necessary speed after a successful Netgear WiFi extender setup? The following steps will guide you through the process of upgrading the firmware on a Netgear EX6120:
- First of all, make sure your AC1200 is turned on.
- Connect a WiFi network to a PC, laptop, or mobile device.
- After that, open your preferred web browser.
- Log in to your extender using your mywifiext.net account and password.
- Go to the Settings menu and select Firmware Upgrade from the drop-down menu.
- After that, click the Check button.
- Allow some time for the Netgear AC1200 extender firmware to update.
That concludes our discussion. The firmware on your repeater has been successfully updated. You can contact our specialists if you run across any problems.
How to reset Netgear EX6120?
Factory reset is the process that is supposed to be performed in the majority of circumstances when a user forgets his or her password and wishes to recover it. To reset the Netgear EX6120, you must have a paperclip or toothpick on hand. After you perform the factory reset, it will automatically delete all of your personal information, such as your password, username, and SSID, and prepare your extender for the new configuration process.
The following are the steps to resetting the Netgear EX6120:
- Connect your Netgear EX6120 to a power outlet.
- Take a hard-pointed object, such as a paperclip or a toothpick.
- Locate the factory reset button and use a toothpick to press it for 8-10 seconds.
- It will automatically reboot within a minute and is now ready for the fresh setup process.
That concludes the Netgear EAX12 reset procedure. If you require assistance with any step, please contact us at our toll-free hotline or by live chat. Our technical team is always available to assist you at any time.