An online store is a modern reality, the brainchild of progress. Thanks to the virtual shopping experience, e-commerce has become much more convenient and comfortable – you no longer need to run around the shops searching for the right product. Their owners also benefit – they do not need to spend money on renting premises for the store, fewer employees are involved. The result is higher income. If you have long been interested in how to create an online store from scratch on your own and start earning from, this article is just for you. In it, we will tell you in detail about everything that needs to be done to a chieve the final result, to launch your project and make money on it.
How To Create A E-commerce Store Without A Web Development Agency?
You can create a free website without technical knowledge. But it should be understood that eliminating costs will not be possible. In this case, the word “free” refers directly to the website development itself and the subsequent promotion of the project. Even without specialized programming skills, making a website for trading is quite realistic. How to promote it, optimize it. It is essential not to be lazy, to believe in yourself, and everything will work out.
Unavoidable costs include:
- buying a website domain name;
- payment for hosting, which will host the project.
Therefore, when creating an online store from scratch, the instruction implies using unique website builders or services and platforms on which the project is completed. The advantage of such solutions is that they only need to select the necessary template, scheme, and connect functional blocks.
Domain And Hosting
The site must have its domain name – corresponding to the store’s theme. You can buy it at a specialized service. The domain name is the name of the store entered in the address bar and the domain zone:
The domain name should be short, catchy, and easy to remember.
If the designers assume template themes and schemes, then website builders are more flexible. Firstly, they also offer free templates for websites and themes, among which it is possible to choose those that suit the theme of the store.
Secondly, it is realistic to develop your design and implement it on the online store’s website, which will make it unique.
Promotion And Analytics
Talking about how to create an online store from scratch, the instruction will necessarily involve the subsequent promotion of the project. Therefore, it is so important that it has the appropriate tools.
In particular, we are talking about:
- about the possibility of filling in tags;
- about the case of editing titles;
- about the overall optimization of the site;
- about robots.txt files and XML sitemap;
After all, optimization is an important stage in developing a project. For users to find out about it, find a store, and come to it, it is necessary to engage in internal optimization and external promotion.
Analytics is also essential. It means a variety of tools, thanks to which it is possible to obtain detailed information:
- about attendance;
- about where exactly potential buyers came to your site;
- about how they behave on the project – how much time they spend, what pages they visit;
- about which products are most popular;
- what keywords and search queries customers use to find the store;
Other Important Features
If you decide to create an online store yourself from scratch for free, you need to implement functional modules that will ensure the convenience of the project for visitors:
- registration through social networks;
- purchase of goods without mandatory registration;
- personal account with order history;
- a basket of goods and the ability to make changes to it before ordering;
- several payment options;
- various delivery options;
For example, if we are talking about paying for goods, several payment systems should be connected. The most popular are:
- payment by VISA, MASTERCARD;
- transfer to a bank account;
- pay through the service of a particular bank;
- payment by electronic money;
As you can see, a lot of work awaits you. But don’t be afraid. If you are a goal-oriented person, you will succeed.