Windows 10 is the most popular operating system used by millions on the planet. The user-friendly interface and amazing features are the reasons why Windows 10 is getting so much popular among users. And for accessing the internet on Windows 10, around 98% of users rely on Netgear WiFi range extender.
The most used model of Netgear extenders is N300 EX2700. Thousands of users are making use of the Netgear N300 EX2700 range extender for accessing the high-speed internet on a Windows 10 PC.
However, various users report that their Windows 10 is not detecting their Netgear N300 EX2700 wireless extender. If you too are using the Netgear EX2700 extender aka.ms/remoteconnect and your PC has stopped detecting it, then you have reached the right post. This troubleshooting guide will let you know various quick fixes to resolve the issue within minutes. Let’s take the plunge.
Ways to Fix Windows 10 Not Detecting Netgear N300 EX2700
Basic Check Points
Before going into the advanced solutions, firstly check the basic points mentioned below:
- Which Windows 10 version are you using on your system? Ensure that it is the latest one!
- Can you access the internet on your computer? If not, then you are not connected to the extender’s network!
- Does your PC have any security software? Disable it temporarily!
- Have you installed Netgear N300 EX2700 extender properly via mywifiext.net? If not, set up your extender in the right way first!
Disable Antivirus Software on Your System
On the off chance if your system has any third-party antivirus software installed on it, keep in mind to disable it prior to upgrading your Windows version to the latest build.
In case there is a firewall or any other security software enabled on your computer, you need to temporarily disable it too.
Antivirus or security software can prevent your system from viruses and other malicious elements that are hidden around the web. That’s why don’t disable your system’s antivirus. However, in order to make your Netgear N300 EX2700 wireless extender work properly, there is a need to deactivate the security software on a temporary basis. As soon as you installed the extender, you can enable the security software on your computer. After that, connect to the Netgear_ext network.
Reinstall the Network Driver in Compatibility Mode
Windows 10 not detecting the Netgear EX2700 N300 extender issue can also appear because of the installation of incompatible drivers with Windows 10. It is recommended to install the compatible network drivers to reduce the chances of failure of the extender to work with Windows 10. Go through the steps below to install the drivers in compatibility mode:
- Right-click on the driver’s setup file.
- Select the Properties option.
- Click on the Compatibility Tab.
- Check the box that says ‘Run this program in Compatibility mode’.
- At last, click on the Ok button after running the driver setup file.
Now, try to access your Netgear N300 EX2700 extender using 192.168.1.250 IP and see if it works or not. If yes, boom! The issue has been resolved for you! However, if not, opt for instant help from our technical experts via the comments section.