Rocket League players encounter the 42 Rocket League ps4 error on their Xbox One and PC when joining the game. Are you experiencing the same? The error decrypts the message that illustrates the loss of internet connection while entering the game. Due to this bug, players cannot join any games and are stuck with offline versions. In our post, we explain several reasons for the error and how you can fix it.
The error appears on the screen of players all over the world. Therefore, the solution we are going to discuss can work for all players regardless of their location. Continue reading the post!
Find out about Rocket League Error 42 on PS4 and the reasons behind it!
Error 42 only illustrates internet connectivity problems on a gaming system. There are two possible reasons why this is so. They are:
• Your gaming system does not meet the system requirements.
• Internet connectivity is not fast enough or good enough to play games.
In short, you need a fast internet connection and a system that meets the requirements to solve the problem.
How can you fix it?
Here are some methods and a guide on how to fix a bug in Rocket League:
1. Internet connection:
Poor internet connectivity is the primary cause of PS4 Error 42 Rocket League displaying on the screen. Please check the points below to solve the problem:
• Check the Xbox. If you run into a problem with your gaming system, you need to troubleshoot it.
• You must make sure that your Xbox subscription has not expired.
• Restart the router for proper speed and Internet connectivity.
• Use the internet connection only for the game.
2. Disable the firewall and anti-virus program:
A firewall or antivirus software can prevent the system from connecting to the access ports needed for effective pairing. If it is, you may see error 42 Rocket League ps4. You can use the guide below to fix the problem:
• Restart the game system.
• Go to settings and search for network / firewall protection.
• Click your network profile.
• Disable anti-virus protection and firewall.
• Restart the game and fix the problem.
3. Time setting:
You may encounter an error when joining a game if the time settings do not match the standard game time. Therefore, you should set the correct time on your system. Please check the points below for an immediate solution:
• Check the time and date displayed on the system.
• Open the settings and synchronize the time according to the game.
Our final thoughts:
After analyzing the reasons, it turns out that error 42 Rocket League ps4 is connected exclusively to your internet. Besides, we also listed some troubleshooting tips to fix the problem quickly. If you have any more questions regarding the bug, feel free to share them in the comments!