The emSigner is a software utility that is used to sign, send, manage and archive smart documents. emSigner is mainly used for digitally signing GST registration applications and GST return filing in the common GST portal. Such a tool can be downloaded from the GST portal itself. It is mandatory to keep a consent letter for GST Registration from the owner of the premises before signing the application digitally. This means that the owner has no objection to business taking place on his property. You can some great guides about consent letter and GST registration process on Khatabook’s website
Further, the emSigner also helps to encrypt the documents thereby ensuring the safety of the vital data and it also paves the way for the faster and secure signing of documents. Before installing and using emSigner, ensure that DSC is registered on the GST portal. The emSigner application is required to be installed on a pc/laptop to access the Digital signature certificate. They can be stored in pendrive or in a digital file.
System Requirements for emSigner
The system requirements are important to check before you proceed with the emSigner setup otherwise some technical issues may come with the installation.
- Your Computer should be Windows 32/64bit OS
- It should have Java 1.6 JRE 1.6.0_38+, Java 1.7, Java 1.8
- Need to have Windows: admin access to install the emSigner component
- Any one of the following ports among 1585, 2095, 2568, 2868 or 4587 can be used for installing.
- Most of the issues in the installation of emSigner happen due to the incompatible OS or Java versions
Steps to Download emSigner
For emSigner download, follow the steps given below.
- Step 1: Visit the official website of GST (www.gst.gov.in) and after logging in to your account, click on to Register/update DSC
- Step 2: Then you will be taken to the DSC registration page, select the option “click here for instructions on installing signer utility link”
- Step 3: The download link will be provided along with system specifications. Choose the one that matches your system and download the same.
Setup and Installation
The downloaded software must be installed into the system and the process of installation is as given below.
- Step 1: Open the downloaded file.
- Step 2: And then in the installation wizard; click on the Next button.
- Step 3: Right-click on the application installed and select “Run as administrator”.
- Step 4: The above step will start the service to complete the registration of DSC in the GST portal.
Thus, The installation process is now complete, you may begin to use the application.
This entire process will help you to digitally sign the GST application form and GST return filing faster and safely. emSigner platform has become a reliable, independent method for ensuring the integrity of documents. This software utility is ideal for individuals, small and medium businesses, freelancers and a lot more. it goes like “if your work needs signed documents then you need an emSigner”. emSigner has become an efficient way to keep track of the signatures added to your legal documents and also ensure that they are valid.