Perhaps you must have heard several times that shaving the head induces hair growth, improves hair texture, and increases hair density. You will be surprised to know that, in reality, it’s just a myth! In fact, shaving your head won’t make your naturally thin and curly hair stronger and straighter. Similarly, shaving won’t cure your hair loss issue. Rather, you need to find out the root cause of having hair loss and deal with it.
However, this does not mean that shaving your head won’t do any good to your hair. If you are struggling with conditions like severe hair loss, going bald can give you a new and extravagant way of representing yourself. So, if you are interested and planning to try a new look, read on to learn how shaving your head can change your life.
How can you benefit from shaving your head?
While a fair number of people pick a razor to get a smooth head, others shave their heads in pursuit of health conditions affecting their hair growth or even just to create a new look. Whatever the reasons might be, head shaving can provide multiple potential benefits that are as follows:
Easier Way to Deal with Hair Loss
Today, hair loss has become a common issue in both males and females. That said, are you troubled with thinning hair, irregular hair growth, receding hairline, or certain health conditions such as alopecia and areata? If you are tired of using natural remedies, topical treatments, wigs, hairpieces, and hats, then shaving your head can be the easy and ideal option to avoid patchy hair loss.
Shaving your head allows you to save valuable time, that you would otherwise utilize in maintaining and taking care of your hair. You need not use a comb or dry blower anymore. Plus, you can take short showers.
Reduces Hair Care Expenses
Shaving is often a do-it-yourself task, particularly if you have the best head shaver handy. Thus, you can save the expenses that you otherwise spent on the salon. In addition, you can also remove all the hair care products off of your shopping lists.
Lift Your Spirits with a New Look
Shaving your head can let you forget your bad hair days and uplift your spirits with a new look. Interestingly, head shaving has become a growing trend in the 21st century. Regardless of the reasons for shaving the head, a bald look has emerged to be a popular way to look cool and fashionable.
So, now that you know the benefits of going bald, you might be planning to shave your head soon. Hold on! If you haven’t ever shaved your hair before, let’s find out how you can do it safely.
How to do Head Shaving Without Any Cut?
Do not rush while shaving your head for the first time! Spend some time to make sure everything is set before starting to shave your hair off.
Things Needed to Shave Off Your Hair
- Perfect lighting
- Hand mirror
- Head shaver or sharp razor
- Shaving gel or foaming cream
- Aftershave lotion
Steps to Follow
Firstly, you need to chop your hair in bulk if you have long hair. You can use clippers to get as close to your scalp as possible. Now, wash your scalp thoroughly with warm water. Then follow the below steps to shave off your hair.
- Either give a warm compress or apply shaving cream to your scalp. This will soften your hair and make the shaving process quick.
- Use a good head shaver or a sharp razor to avoid nicks and cuts.
- First, start with the top of your head and then move the head shaver in the direction of the hair growth.
- In case you use a razor, then remember to get rid of the excess shaving cream and removed hair by washing off the blade after every stroke.
- Now carefully fold your ears down and put strokes to the sides of your head to avoid cuts to your skin.
- Now shave off the hair at the back of your head, putting down strokes towards the neck.
- Keep a check by using a hand mirror so that you do not miss any spots.
- Once you are done with shaving your head, rinse your scalp with water.
- Then pat dry your head with a towel and apply a soothing aftershave lotion or moisturizer.
Now that you have read the entire article, you must have learned how shaving off your hair can help you make a bold fashion statement. So, if are already interested in going bald or planning for the same, get ready to commit to it. Always make sure to use the best head shaver to get your bold bald look.