It is significant to know that better water quality and plumbing systems are essential to any residential structure. As a house owner, it is necessary to trust that the material of your piping solution is not polluting the water coming through it.
But regardless of water purification, bacteria can even remain in drinking water. Based on the material, some pipes are more exposed to bacterial development in comparison to others.
The significance of getting clean water cannot be overemphasized. When taking into account piping selections, it is, therefore, essential to pick the proper piping material. The exceptional power and performance of a CPVC pipe make it perfect for commercial, residential, and industrial plumbing usage. Conventionally, metal pipes were employed. Over the years, the CPVC (chlorinated polyvinyl chloride) pipes have surpassed metal pipes and are now mostly counted on.
Advantages that Make CPVC Pipes the Best Choice
Here are some key advantages a CPVC pipe offers, which make it perfect for plumbing and drinking water solutions:
- Provide clean and safe drinking water: One of the main reasons why pipes made of CPVC are primarily used in transferring drinkable water is that they don’t transmit harmful bacteria and chemicals to the water. Usually, chlorine or chlorine-based cleaning agents are mixed into water to keep it clean and pure. The pipes of CPVC do not recur with chlorine.
- Resistant to Corrosion: When it is about metal pipes, decomposition is a normal and continuous problem. Pipes and fittings of CPVC are resistant to inner and outer corrosion, decreasing the possibilities of water leakage or water flow limitations. This corrosion-resistant feature of CPVC makes them ideal for transferring drinking water. CPVC pipes do not discharge or scale toxic components into the water similar to metal pipes.
- Best possible flow rate: When pipes of metals are used in plumbing, a high-level mineral creation takes place on the surfaces. This comes out as a fall in pressure and decreased flow rate. Furthermore, this is not the condition with CPVC pipes because they possess a smooth internal surface that withstands scaling.
- Powerful joint stability: Pipes and fittings of CPVC are set up using solvent cement. This chemical combines pipes and fittings at the atomic level and makes highly dependable joints. When correctly installed, the joints don’t break apart, thus making CPVC reliable and long-performing for decades.
- Extra safety: Not just are CPVC pipes cost-effective when we talk about installation, but they are also secure to run. The temperature of the pipes’ surface is not very hot. This lessens the possibility of burns to the people dealing with the pipes. Furthermore, pipes of CPVC do not hold ignition. In the condition of a fire, if you take out the origin of the fire, CPVC pipes stop burning. This also signifies reduced property damage.
- Ease of installation: In comparison to metal pipes, CPVC is weightless, which means they are easily transported — there are decreased freight charges. Not only that, CPVC pipes need less complicated tools, i.e., quicker installation and easier maintenance.
Is There Any Difference Between CPVC and PVC Pipes?
1. The most important difference between CPVC and PVC pipes is the variation of temperatures each can hold off. CPVC can deal with temperatures at 200° Fahrenheit, while PVC can handle temperatures at 140° Fahrenheit. More than these temperatures, both CPVC and PVC will start to melt, raising the risk of pipes and joints failing, thus, failing the plumbing arrangement.
2. The solvent cement, primers, and bonding components are entirely different for CPVC and PVC because of the various chemical compositions of materials.
3. PVC pipes come in regular sizes only, while CPVC pipes are available in both regular and copper tube sizes. CPVC involves higher flexibility than PVC and needs a platform or support at three feet intervals to keep up its position.
4. The chemical formation of CPVC makes it more corrosion-resistant and degeneration over time compared to PVC, but it is also suitable for higher temperature usage.
CPVC pipesare known to offer safe drinking water for people around the world. The cause why these pipes are considered best for drinking water is because the materials used in making CPVC stop biofilm creation on the pipes. So, if you are looking for the best CPVC pipes, Topline Industries is recognized for producing the finest variety of CPVC fittings and pipes that are best used for hot and cold plumbing solutions.