Discord is the most prominent VOIP (Voice over Internet Protocol) and group-chatting platform mainly common among gamers. It operated to deliver instant messages to connections and is used in business, education, gaming, etc.
It possesses a robust application functional for Windows 10 where developers release regular updates, also a web version where people can access the different servers by login and chat with their connections.
Generally, users face an issue while they try to open the discord app. It doesn’t get open when the user tries to double-clicks on it, and if it gets open by chance, it doesn’t show anything, just a plain black screen.
This discord app not opening issue is very frustrating as it doesn’t permit the players to communicate with their team players while playing. Multiple users inquired why is discord app not opening and the probable solutions to fix the problem.
Here are some solutions to counter this issue. Look at the points shown below and follow them to counter the discord app not opening issue.
Solution 1: Restart your pc or close Discord from Task Manager.
The foremost solution is to restart your laptop and check if the issue is resolved or not. If the problem persists, then move to other solutions.
In the other case, previous tasks of Discord are still running in the background; that’s the reason for not getting relaunched. For this, you’ve to open the task manager and shut Discord.
Follow the steps below:
- Press Ctrl + Alt + Delete on your keyboard.
- Select the “Task Manager” from the listed options.
- Soon the task manager window will open. Now look for Discord among the listed processes.
- Choose Discord and click on the end task button on the bottom right-hand corner of the window.
- Be patient while the service provider resolves your issue.
Solution 2: Login through the internet version and then open the App or Set Windows time to Automatic.
- If the discord app cannot open up, then try out logging up through the net version and then through the app.
- There’s a possibility that the app doesn’t open due to the wrong time set in Windows. If the time set is correct, then the app might open again.
- In the windows taskbar, select “Adjust date/time” that will open up the Date & time window, and a toggle named “Set time automatically” will display so, set it on.
Solution 3: Avoid utilizing Proxy and then search or Run the app as an admin.
- Search the control panel in Windows and select it from the results displayed.
- Then select the Network and Sharing centre option and click on the Internet options on the bottom-left side.
- Click on the Connections tab and open up the LAN settings window.
- Under the Proxy server column, ensure that the checkbox named “Use a proxy server for your LAN” is unticked.
- Click OK in the Internet properties window.
- Launch Discord and observe the status of the issue now.
Another way is to try running the app as an admin.
- Open the app shortcut on your desktop and then “Open file location”, then look for the Discord.exe file.
- In the properties search “Compatibility” tab.
- Select the checkbox “Run this Program as an Administrator” option and select save the changes.
Solution 4: To ensure proper working disable your antivirus for a while.
- Antivirus frequently blocks apps and services due to several purposes. If we disable the antivirus for a time and launch Discord, we can determine whether the problem is due to the antivirus or something else.
- After disabling it, launch Discord. If Discord runs successfully, then an issue has arisen because of the antivirus, and you need to report to the antivirus team to rectify it permanently.
- If Discord doesn’t work, then enable the antivirus again and shift to the next solution.
Solution 5: Update the app or uninstall the app and then reinstall it
Visit the app or website and look for any new updates that have arrived and update it.
Developers persist in releasing new updates to fix the bugs and to deliver new features. Updating the app will figure out the problem.
If an update doesn’t help, then the conclusive solution to fix the issue by uninstalling the discord app and then reinstall it.
- To uninstall the app, open the control panel, click on features and programs, and look for the Discord and uninstall.
- After deletion of files and folders from the system, now install the Discord app again.
- To install the app visit the official discord website (https://discordapp.com/download), download it and start the installation procedure.
- Start the system again after the installation process has finished, and Launch Discord after restarting your system.
So, these solutions will assist you in rectifying the Discord not opening issue. Follow the steps properly and get the issue fixed today. For more information, visit Technographx.