Are you unable to update the firmware of your Netgear Orbi device? Did you apply every damn troubleshooting tip but nothing worked in your favor? If the answer to both these questions is yes, then it’s high time that you perform Netgear Orbi factory reset.
But, before you get down to the reset process, know that resetting your device will restore it to its factory default settings. This means that whatever changes you’ve made to your WiFi device till date will get erased. After becoming familiar with this fact, if you are still want to reset your Orbi, then scroll down, and continue reading.
What Are the Ways to Perform Netgear Orbi Factory Reset?
There are two different ways through which you can reset your Netgear Orbi device. They are as follows:
- By pressing the Reset button on your device
- By accessing the orbilogin.com web page
Here, you’ll be provided with the step-by-step instructions for both methods. Which one you would like to implement is totally up to you.
- By Pressing the Reset Button
This method is the easier one amongst the two. Follow the steps mentioned below and know how to reset your Netgear Orbi device by pushing the Reset button:
- First things first, verify that your Orbi is plugged into a power source and turned on.
- Then, look for the Reset button at the bottom of the Netgear Orbi device.
- Once found, take a paper clip or any other sharp pin-like object.
- Insert the paper clip inside the hole and carefully press the button with it.
- Give your Netgear Orbi device a couple of seconds to get restored to its factory default mode.
- By Accessing Orbilogin.com
Accessing orbilogin.com means accessing the web user interface of your Netgear Orbi device. Here are the instructions that you need to go through in order to perform Orbi factory reset:
- Ensure that your Netgear Orbi router and the existing modem are properly connected.
- Then, switch on your laptop and open an internet browser of your choice.
- Next, access the orbilogin com administrative page.
- Go to the Settings option.
- Click on Back Up Settings > Restore to its factory default settings.
Wait for a couple of seconds and let your device get restored to its default values.
Note: Once you perform Netgear Orbi factory reset, do not forget to set up your device from scratch and update its firmware.
Steps to Update the Firmware of Netgear Orbi Router
Walk through the guidelines here and learn how to update the firmware of your Orbi device:
- Once you are done re-setting up your Netgear Orbi device, log into it.
- You can use both the default web address and IP address to log into your WiFi device.
- Once you do, navigate to the Settings option.
- Then, click on Administration and see if there are any firmware updates available.
- If yes, then choose the model number of your Netgear Orbi and click on the Download button.
- Once the firmware file gets downloaded, upload it.
- Now, give your Netgear Orbi device a few minutes to get updated.
Once you update the firmware of your device, you can check the internet speed, block unauthorized users, get access to parental controls, and much more.
Note: If by any chance you aren’t able to update the firmware of your Netgear Orbi device, then feel free to get in touch with our highly qualified technicians. All you need to do is, drop your query in the comments section below and wait for us to revert back.