If you are looking for an ebike to commute to work or just have fun with, you’re probably wondering what the difference is between one with suspension and one without suspension. You’ve probably noticed that ebike manufacturers are building a lot of bikes with full suspension. Is it worth it? What are the benefits of having suspension? And is it worth the extra cost? Let’s take a look at some of the pros and cons of ebike with suspension and ebike without suspension. This article will show you how to choose the ideal ebike for your needs.
What is ebike suspension?
Before moving towards comparison here, we elaborate on what an ebike with suspension means and what types of suspension are.
Ebike suspension is the process of isolating a person from the roughness of the road. Or we can say that suspension of an ebike is a system by which we save riders from shocks while traveling on an unbalanced path. There are two types of suspension ebike.
Full suspension electric bike: it has both front and rear suspension. Both shock absorbers work together to save from uneven terrain.
Hardtail Fat tire electric bike: it has only front suspension.
Advantages and disadvantages of using an ebike without suspension
- If you have to travel within the city on a smooth road it is the best choice for you. Ebike without suspension is really light weighted.
- Comparatively cheaper than suspension ebike
- Don’t need extra maintenance
- It cannot absorb any shocks.
- It’s not comfortable when riding on terrain.
- Random shocks can damage your ebike parts also.
- You have to limit your speed to save yourself from sudden jerks.
If you are moving for your daily office within the city on smooth bike paths then a lightweight and less costly non-suspension ebike are best for you. But if you have to travel for a long distance it will not comfortable for you.
Advantages and Disadvantages of using ebike with suspension
- It saves you from sudden jerks.
- You need not worry while facing any rough terrain.
- A suspension ebike helps to speed up and maintain speed there without the danger of shocks.
- Provides you with a more comfortable ride.
- Electric mountain bikes with suspension are best for traveling to hilly areas.
- Ebike suspension saves other components of the ebike from jerks which increases its life span.
- A suspension ebike is more costly than a non-suspension ebike. It is almost 1200$ to 1500$ more expensive than the former.
- A suspension ebike is 4 pounds to 5 pounds heavier than a non-suspension ebike.
- Suspension ebike require more maintenance.
If you love biking but are wary of the bumps and rough roads, an electric bike with suspension is the perfect solution. Suspension e bikes reduce the impact of rough roads on your knees, back, and wrists. They also make the ride more comfortable and enjoyable.
Ebike without suspension is a good choice if you’re looking for something to help you get around town. But if you want something to help you get from one place to another and need to be comfortable while you do it, an ebike with suspension probably fits you best.
At magicycle, you can buy both suspension and non-suspension ebike for your rides. At magicycle, there are electric mountain bikes for sale also. They have full suspension and give you the best comfortable ride. If you don’t want to compromise on comfort there is no other option than a full suspension ebike. Click here to buy your dream ebike today.