You’ve made up your mind! This year you will get this camping equipment that you have always dreamed of! You’re going on the most incredible vacation! Long live freedom! Long live nature!
You’re thinking, “I’m going to do whatever I want, and I’m going to enjoy it.” So many people go and say they’re having a good time!
Well done for your good mood. It’s 50% of having a good time.
In order to have a good time, in addition to a good mood, you also need the right supplies. You don’t go for a mountain walk in flip-flops, do you?
Similarly, you don’t go camping without the minimum of proper equipment. Here you will learn what you need to have a good time and you will read the general categorization of things you need. This is the ideal list and everyone adjusts it according to their budget and their needs.
Where are you going?
We ask you because depending on whether you go to a free campsite (if you manage to do this, that is) or organized things vary.
On the loose, you want a few more things in order to be classified as ‘’organized’’. Each one has its charm of course and the concept of “enjoyment” for others means ‘’I am with 5 others alone on a beach permanently’’, while for others it means ‘’I want the mini-market at a distance of 8.5 steps.’’
It also matters whether you go camping on a mountain or on a beach.
Important elements for choosing camping equipment are:
- Where are you going and how organized they are where you’re going?
- How long are you going to stay where you’re going?
- How many people make up your team
- What are you going to do where you’re going?
Inside the campsite
- Scene (with pegs and ropes to set it up)
- Floor – Tarpaulin to put under the stage
- Canvas Tarps to keep you and your equipment protected and sheltered from both within and outside
- Tent or tent extension for more shade and coolness above and outside your tent
- Sleeping bag(s) (with optional lining)
- Air mattresses
- Mattress Repair Kit
- Pump for air mattresses
- Multi-tool or knife
- Head or handheld lens (with extra batteries)
- Tactical Flashlight (Military Style, e.g. Evatac PRO)
- Backpack for the day (daypack) depending on whether you are doing activities outside of camping
- Folding chairs
- Folding table
- Portable ice cooler or electric
- Hammer, so you can fasten the pegs or something
- Clothes spread rope
- Bike, if you want to do such activities
- Bicycle trailer or transport rack
Whatever game you can carry and it’s for company/family, but also for the beach. Example: frisbee, tabletops, decks, water balls and/or beach volleyball, and more.
Also don’t forget your camera, extra memory cards for it, binoculars (if circumstances so require), books, mobile phone.
Its purpose is to make you spend your days in a campsite without hassle but only with pleasure