Search for a financial system that works best for your business is essential for your progress, and with several alternatives to pick from, it is a tough decision to determine the right software.
As a company that has been on top in the accounting system market for more than twenty-five years, QuickBooks is the most suitable alternative for small and medium enterprises and nonprofit businesses.
As QuickBooks Cloud Hosting was entirely re-written with an updated API design in 2006, it has made its way to the top in accounting solutions for both the small enterprise owner with limited expertise and enterprise C-level executive users.
QuickBooks serves an extensive variety of companies and has two diverse platforms to pick from i.e., QuickBooks Desktop and QuickBooks Online.
To make an appropriate decision when selecting which is most beneficial for your business, here are the main features and information associated with them.
Features of QuickBooks Desktop:
QuickBooks Desktop (QBD) provides for more in-depth reporting like inventory, manufacturing, and job expenses. It also enables more users per file. Some important features include:
- Added User Access
- Job Expenses if you use Intuit Payroll
- Profit and Loss by Service Item, Customer, Class, or Job
Unlike QuickBooks Online, you buy the software, install it on your desktop or servers, and have the alternative of renewing every year. QBD has an upfront charge as the software must be bought. There are 3 alternatives to pick from: Pro, Premier, and Enterprise.
- Pro version allows only up to 3 users per license.
- Premier with 5 user licenses enables your business to record inventory and create purchase orders.
- Enterprise is more robust and if you require detailed job expenses and manufacturing, this is the most suitable alternative.
The expenses can alter drastically for this product based on the number of users and the features your business needs. You can work on a Virtual Desktop Cloud to increase your productivity.
Features of QuickBooks Online:
QuickBooks Online (QBO) works rather differently from the desktop version. Here are some reasons enterprises prefer QBO:
- Access from anyplace including smartphones
- Many small businesses and startups tend to adopt this version because of the cheap expense and accessibility.
There are 3 alternatives to pick from with QuickBooks Online: Simple Start, Essentials, and Plus.
- Simple Start covers the basic requirements of a business like tracking income and expenses, invoicing, and links with your bank.
- Essentials has added features like profit & loss reporting and bill pay.
- Plus gives more advanced functions. It provides everything that Simple Start and Essentials provide with inventory tracking and 1099 preparation.
There are added fees in QuickBooks Online depending on the number of users and if you want to link other tools and applications at the time of buying.
Apps4Rent provides the best services for QuickBooks with proper support and maintenance. Additionally, they offer services for Exchange Mailbox Migration and much more as per your business needs.