The race to the top of the app store rankings is heating up, but the path to the top is becoming increasingly tight. It is undeniably a bottleneck problem for both developers and users. Yes, we mentioned users, because choosing one app from among many is just as challenging for them as it is for developers. While app stores continue to work on better search algorithms that can aid at both ends, the evolution of App Store Optimization appears to have begun as a problem-solving tool in this ailing app industry.
Let’s go over some key points about App Store Optimization that you should be aware of in order to gain a better understanding of it and to use this app marketing technique even more effectively.
- The year in which mobile and, in particular, ASO, experienced the most rapid increase was 2013. Infect, it was the year that marketers and developers understood that ASO had a purpose and that it does it efficiently.
- According to a Forrester survey, ‘general browsing in an app store’ took top place among the new app discovery methods, with 63 percent on iOS and 58 percent on Android. This demonstrates how Search has become increasingly important to customers.
- Even more remarkable is the fact that over 6,000,000 unique terms are searched in Google Play every month, according to data released by Google last year. It makes an important disclosure about people’s eagerness to see what the search results have to offer them.
- There are numerous amazing testimonials from both huge rivals and small developers indicating that App Store Optimization is the best tool for promoting an app on a low-budget and obtaining the first page of organic search results.
- One piece of advice that comes with this tool for app development company is that your one-time work of improving app features will not guarantee your app’s success. ASO necessitates continuous monitoring of all optimised features and re-evaluation if any changes are required.
- So, the good news is that it has piqued the interest of app shops as well. It’s hardly surprising, though, because they have no choice but to act now that consumers had clearly stated their expectations. Both the major app stores, Google Play and App Store, have made required improvements to their app store search algorithms and are continuously working to improve them. These adjustments have improved the relevancy of their search results while also motivating the developers to improve their critical app features.
What are the elements that developers can optimise to improve their app’s position in the app store, and how do these features serve the purpose?
App Name and App Title
The App name or title should be optimised because it allows developers to incorporate a keyword with the most search traffic. Now is the time to conduct extensive research in order to select the appropriate keyword, as altering the app title repeatedly would not do honour to the ultimate results. As a result, the app will begin to gain a higher ranking, which will be followed by favourable reviews, creating a buzz in the market.
Keyword optimization is considerably more important than you would think. It necessitates a thorough examination of the competition, search traffic, and keyword phrases for main target conversion. It is better to research the app categories that will provide you with a specific term before deciding on a collection of keywords for your app. This procedure will produce useful metadata for your software, which will boost its search presence in the app store.
The first written message from the developers is an app description. Before determining whether or not to download the app, potential users will undoubtedly rely on it. As a result, it must be exceedingly compelling, captivating, and engaging. A well-written, keyword-rich description will not only increase visibility, but will also become a string that will result in more downloads.
Screenshots are another tool that plays an important part in visually communicating with users. The primary purpose is to demonstrate your amazing graphics to potential users, and the screenshots should do just that. After reading the app description, they focus on the screenshots to determine whether the app is worthwhile to download. As a result, screenshots are an efficient platform for evoking curiosity by include one-liners whose primary purpose is to inform users about the app’s capabilities, and you never know if the user is seeking for the same thing.
The app icon should also be considered a significant consideration because it has a direct impact on your app download statistics. It’s just as crucial as your business logo because it’ll be the face of your company when the app becomes viral. It must be distinct in order for consumers to recognise the app simply by looking at its icon. An appealing symbol will undoubtedly attract attention, followed by downloads.
Ahmad Sultan is an expert Digital Marketing and App Marketing Content Writer at MightyWarner. He have years of experience in Content Writing, E-Commerce Product Listing Pages, Business Site Builders, Local Listings Optimization, Software demos, Web & Mobile Apps, Landing Page Optimization, Video Creatives.
Ahmad Sultan is an expert Digital Marketing and App Marketing Content Writer at MightyWarner. He has years of experience in Content Writing, E-Commerce Product Listing Pages, Business Site Builders, Local Listings Optimization, Software demos, Web & Mobile Apps, Landing Page Optimization, Video Creatives.