If you are trying to update your Netgear router firmware but failed, then something is holding you back. Perhaps, the reason can not only be the one. Plenty of many reasons can be in the queue. But need not to worry! We’ve got you covered! Through this piece of writing, we’ll make you familiar with top 5 reasons why your Netgear router firmware update failed. Pull up your socks!
Why Did Your Netgear Router Firmware Update Failed?
One of the common yet major reasons behind Netgear router firmware updated failed issue might be the wrong model you selected. Thus, to fix the issue, make sure to select the correct model of your Netgear router for firmware update. Also, the firmware version you choose must be compatible with your Netgear router’s model.
Note: When you visit the official site of Netgear to update the router’s firmware, there are also many extender models over there. After Netgear extender setup, if the new firmware is available, you will be notified. And after Netgear router setup, you will be notified if the new firmware is available for your device. So, don’t get confused! Select the correct modem as per device.
Make sure that your internet connection isn’t running at snail’s pace. Ensure that you have an active internet connection to update Netgear router firmware. Given-below are some tips that you can keep into consideration to prevent Netgear router firmware update failed issue. Continue reading!
- Make sure that your router is connected to your modem.
- Ensure that the device you are using to perform the Netgear router firmware update process is connected to your home WiFi.
- If nothing works, power cycle your Netgear router and modem.
Another mind-boggling reason why your Netgear router firmware update failed might be use of an incorrect web or the IP address. Think about it! If you are using the wrong web or the IP address, then you will not be able to log in to your Netgear router. And if you not be able to log in to your router, then you will not be able to update your router’s firmware.
So, bear in mind to use the correct web address i.e. routerlogin.net or the Netgear router login IP address i.e. 192.168.1.1
Even if after using the correct web or Netgear router login IP address the issue remains the same, ensure the following:
- Make sure that your computer or laptop’s hardware isn’t faulty.
- Ensure that you are not entering the Netgear router login IP address or the web address in the browser’s search bar.
- Be sure that the web browser’s cache, cookies, and browsing history are clear.
- Make sure that your device has enough space to download Netgear router firmware.
- Apart from that, the device you are using to update Netgear router firmware must be up-to-date too.
Are you still facing the same Netgear router firmware update failed issue? If you nod in yes, then it’s high time that you give your attention to your router. Cross-check whether you have configured your Netgear router in the correct manner or not. Besides, you can take a few more troubleshooting steps into consideration. Scroll down!
- Ensure that your Netgear router is receiving steady power supply.
- Make sure that the Ethernet cable you have used to connect your modem and Netgear router is in good condition.
- Be certain that there aren’t any typos in the Netgear router login IP address and routerlogin.net.
- Ensure to have correct Netgear router login details.
That’s all! These were the top 5 reasons why your Netgear router firmware update failed. Hopefully, you got a solution to fix the Netgear router firmware update failed issue? Just in case, you are experiencing the same issue even after applying the troubleshooting tips given in this tutorial, feel free to reach out to us through comments.