Credit cards have made bill payments, shopping and various other transactions easy and hassle-free without the need to carry cash. Before you apply for a credit card, you need to check whether it has all the modern features that are most sought after. So, here are 3 important features a new-age credit card should have.
Online Credit Card Payment Options
A new-age credit card must have multiple online payment options, such as:
- Payment through net banking or debit card using your desired bank account
- Paying through net banking on the bank’s app (including an auto-debit feature to auto-pay future bills conveniently and not miss out on any payments)
- Instant payment through UPI on a BHIM app or a UPI-enabled banking app
- Paying instantly using the fund transfer option via NEFT or IMPS
Such online credit card bill payment options are useful, especially in the current situation. However, a good lender also offers the option of offline payment, helpful for those used to this traditional mode of payment.
Also, look for the option to pay in easy and convenient EMIs after spending above a certain limit. But how to pay credit card bills by converting a transaction to EMI? Some ways include:
- Converting offline at the POS terminals at select merchant stores.
- Converting on the bank’s OTP page in the case of online transactions.
- Logging in to the bank’s mobile application to convert at flexible EMI tenures. Top lenders offer tenures up to 36 months for all acceptable transactions.
Interest-free Cash Withdrawals
Credit cards often levy interest from the date of cash withdrawal with high monthly interest rates of up to 3.5% and a hefty withdrawal fee of ₹500.
Best new-age credit cards come with interest-free ATM cash withdrawals until the due date. So, the interest rate is 0%. Plus the transaction fee is much less. This is also helpful in the current situation where you may have emergency cash requirements.
A Beneficial Rewards Program
The best credit cards also have a useful rewards program with multiple benefits. For instance, you can get access to:
- Up to 10X reward points without any expiry date
- Up to 6X reward points on online purchases using the credit card
- Up to 3X points on shopping at offline stores using the card
- Zero redemption fee
- Benefits of earning forever and redeeming anytime and anywhere
You can also use your accumulated reward points to do offline card-based transactions at select merchants and all online transactions. Moreover, you can get memberships of your preferred brands or gift cards with the bank’s frequently updated and unique reward redemption catalogue page.
Other significant features of a top credit card are low interest rates, zero annual maintenance fee, zero joining fee and over 300 merchant offers and dining discounts throughout the year. Besides, you can get multiple joining benefits, emergency roadside assistance, personal accident cover, lost card liability, air accident cover and travel insurance on specific products and so on. It’s good to apply for a credit card with all these benefits.