Brands are seriously considering how they handle their resources against a changing environment. They are continually looking for technological innovations for long term solutions. Now, maximum businesses are searching for improvements to their existing approach due to today’s marketing pressures and opportunities.
Marketers search for a platform that can handle the end-to-end content development cycle, from production and distribution. This has resulted in introducing new features of Digital Asset Management make them one of the crucial parts of the marketing stack from a niche media solution.
What is Digital Asset Management?
The Digital Asset Management system is a searchable library for all your digital properties. It is a simple media library and a brand consistency solution. The key role is that a DAM simplifies your marketing efforts and helps you publish your digital content in time.
A DAM platform enables you to manage all your digital assets efficiently by allowing you to store, locate, work, create, and publish all your digital content. It will enable you to keep control over your brand recognition and boost your marketing efficiency.
Why Is A DAM System Important?
- DAM allows you to collect your business data or material from various channels and store them in a centralized location.
- DAM has the capability of storing a large amount of data in an organized way with high security. Moreover, searching and retrieving data from a DAM system is so easy.
- The Flexibility of DAM allows you to keep expanding it according to your business needs.
- DAM simply empowers you to keep the focus on business growth rather than concentrating on business management.
Benefits of Having DAM Solution
Apart from bringing high velocity to your business process, a perfect DAM solution lay down the strong foundation for the innovative workflow and plays a vital role in increasing business sales.
Here are the top benefits you can avail by having a perfect DAM solution for your business.
- DAM solution offers you enough space where you can store and retrieve data easily. It eliminates the cost involved in the traditional way of data storing.
- DAM comes with a variety of efficient tools which brings more efficiency and agility to the employees that result in production enhancement.
- The ease of DAM allows you to be more creative and to increase the business production cycle.
- DAM solution comes with easy integration. Modern-day business requires more software and tools to be integrated to run a business successfully. With the aid of the product content network, DAM can integrate with all devices including PIM.
- DAM solution gives you a perfect backup solution for your business data/content. It will be handy in case if changes are done wrongly. Just switching back to the previous version will clear the messy act.
- Apart from providing better security and encryption mode on saving business data, DAM solution offers an advanced searching option. This eventually allows you to find the product with more specialized queries or filters like keywords, categories, sub-categories and so.
- Various analytical tools that come with DAM systems allow you to track your business operation easily. This leads to the improvement of measuring business return on investment (ROI).
How to Choose the Right DAM Solution?
Well, in today’s market you can find numerous DAM systems, picking the right one are essential to avail desired benefits to your business. Here are the experts’ tips on picking the right DAM solution.
- Intuitive Search: Easy-to-use is the most highlighting features of a DAM system. This truly showcases the relevant assets being shown up for your search filters. So check whether the system has an intuitive searching process.
- Distribution and Sharing: A DAM perfect should be a bridge for internal and external teams of an organization with excellent communications.
- Automation: Modern day business has various touchpoints, so it is essential to have a system that can do dynamic updates consistently.
- Reviews: Finally, make sure your chosen DAM system comes with high security along with permissions for access. Also, read all those reviews from the real users before making a final decision.
Top 11 Must-have Features of Your DAM Solution
You need to select the best solution from the right vendor while you are looking for a DAM system. They should have the features and support for more efficient management of your brand and digital assets. We have pointed out the following essential features of Digital Asset Management system.
1. Portal of the Brand
For consumers to associate with your brand, brand consistency is essential. A brand portal feature helps you provide reliable branding strategy and up-to-date assets to those involved in creating and publishing marketing material to ensure everyone uses your brand correctly.
2. Users Access Permission
Some assets can only be accessible to specific individuals. You can monitor who access, edit, download, and publish digital assets by setting up user permissions.
3. Advanced Searching
To find a suitable asset, DAM systems depend on metadata input. All DAM systems are not using the same file browsing process. Some search features have been saved where others can search for specific characteristics.
4. Workflow of Content Creation
The collaboration between your colleagues is not successful when innovative workflows are missing. It is easy to lose an overview when you work with external partners from other locations. You can simplify communication between departments and boost your content production with a content creation workflow feature.
5. Creation and Publishing Digital Content
The “Create & Publish” modules enable you to create customized InDesign templates, modify the template’s predefined text or image areas, and develop publications for your brand. Every idea is always in the correct format and according to your chosen strategy, whether you make a social post or newsletter. The centralization of marketing materials creation and publishing ensures accuracy, avoids mistakes, and speeds up Web-to-print procedures.
6. Organizing Assets
A DAM system is used to centralize and coordinate the assets in a unified, convenient library where anyone can easily find. However, Digital Asset Management is more than just a list of your help. The aim is to use the advanced search, download, and sharing capabilities of the DAM to ensure that your assets are not stored merely – but use them properly.
7. Stress-Free Search
It can take time to find the appropriate asset without digital asset management – even though you know exactly what you’re looking for. However, a DAM system makes the assets easier to discover. The keywords are the terms and phrases used to identify the assets you upload. The attributes are used to represent certain important information on your assets. These features of Digital Asset Management allow users to discover the assets.
A concise and straightforward category structure makes the library more “navigable.” so it helps you to select multi-level directories to find the assets you desire. Many DAM systems provide unlimited categories in their subscription and support you with your initial setup.
A DAM system makes downloading your digital assets fast and easy, in precisely the appropriate file format and resolution. Any user authorized to download can change the design of your assets. This function is a lifesaver for businesses to resize or modify an existing image or video format.
9. Access Control Structure
While all your assets are centrally located, you do not necessarily need all of them to access and download the same. Its access control structure is a crucial feature that distinguishes a Digital Asset Management (DAM) system from other storage systems.
Digital Asset Management systems enable you to create user groups with different accessing and sharing functionalities. It ensures only the right people are accessing your assets at the right time.
10. DAM Automation Technology
Adding metadata to assets can now be automated through DAM technology, meaning only insert metadata once, and the system automatically populates the data to assets. It saves time and resources. This allows the marketing teams to work creatively on high-value tasks.
This allows you to preset rules for metadata tagging, channel asset sizing, and image resolutions via automated population.
11. Storage Capabilities
The DAM solution for your business can give you a complete overview of your digital assets’ performance, including assets stored externally in the repository. It should have a centralized location where a large volume of assets can be stored, eliminating silo structures. A DAM system is also required to locate your assets through federated search functionality quickly. It should also secure your assets through data protection and user authentication.
For successful marketing, branding, and advertisement, digital assets are essential. Digital Asset Management enables companies to store, organize, search, manage, create, distribute, and quickly analyze digital content. You can regularly use digital assets to establish a brand identity. The data on a digital asset is metadata. Your DAM platform will organize your assets with metadata to make it easy to search.
All these essential features of Digital Asset Management allow business operations to save costs and improve team performance. However, to make a DAM system a vital component of the whole marketing ecosystem, businesses take it further by incorporating their DAM in the existing platforms.